The all new 2004 Nissan Sentra (Official Sales Guide)

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
SDRonEbay
Car: Cars, trucks, cooking, reading

Hey guys.

Guess what I got today

Want to know what's new?

No more XE, GXE and 2.5 Limited Edition. There will be Sentra 1.8, 1.8 S and 2.5 S. SE-R and Spec stays the same.

The 1.8 will now have CVTCS and electronic drive-by-wire system. (They started that mid-way 2003 model year.)

Automatic is standard on SE-R, 5 spd no longer available.

Spec-V Brembo brakes optional with gold-painted 4 piston calipers and 12-inch vented rotors; Larger rear disc brake rotors.

1.8 and 1.8S has new steel wheel cover designs. Alum Alloy no longer available.

More badging for SE-R and of course body design looks more like the Altima and Maxima.

Halogen fog lights are available now as an accesory instead of an option. (save you $)

Sunroof available on the 1.8 S with A/T.

New Colors: Volcanic Orange, Sapphire Blue and Bronze Shimmer.Discontinued Colors: Iced Cappuccino (my favorite) and Out of Blue

There will be three new interior fabrics available.

All trims have a black dashboard center and a brushed aluminum finish on handles, locks, handbrake release and A/T shift release button.

Trip computer available on 2.5S, SE-R and Spec-V.

All factory-installed radios now include auxiliary input jacks for aftermarket units such as MP3 players and satellite radio receivers. They will include CD changer controls but prewiring for the CD changer is no longer included on the 2.5S, SE-R and Spec-V.

What ya think?

lessthanjakejohn

No 5 speed means ill never buy it (SE-r)

ANd does it have the QR25?

Brembos have a bling bling effect, but do the stock brakes suck?

It sounds cool, but not really waht i would want.

the lowest model is also has the lowest emmisions and a cvtcs

I think nissan is trying to lower costs, I dont like it. besides the halogens (which may or may not cost much for them)

edit: they lower costs in some places, but add stuff that i dont really care about, (mp3 plugs and halogens)

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

why would they discontinue the 5spd in the se-r, im guessing they werent selling enough, and if people really wanted a stick, now they'd have to opt for hte more expensive spec v??, anyway, nice set up i guess, but i still think the new spec v is a lil screwed up in the front end IMO

lessthanjakejohn

oops, i thought you said they were discontinuing the spec, oops

well then i might reconsider

nlzmo400r

hte spec v is the ONLY one id buy to begin with, i just dont like the look of hte new ones, id prefer hte o2 IMO

lessthanjakejohn

i haven't seen any pics yet

nlzmo400r

check the sentra forums, they have pics in there i believeedit: http://www.third-i.org/st3/NYIAS/FrameSet.htm, there you go, they're yellow and about half way down, theres 3 pics

SDRonEbay

Oh really

SDRonEbay

Here are a few.

SDRonEbay

and

SDRonEbay

Interior

nlzmo400r

thanks jason, stil dont like em much, but i guess it aint THAT bad, doesnt look as mean tho, not 'poised' enough, gimme the old front end and that back end and ill take it, any reason why they changed em after only 2 years??, also, the bottom part of the grille looks CHEAP!!, the old mesh looked great!

SDRonEbay

IMO Nissan is trying to make a "royal flush" line of cars. All cars and trucks will have a distint Nissan feature that you'll be able to recognize driving down the road at 80mph. It's new and we'll have to see how it works but here's a better question; Will you be able to swap parts? Can you put an 03 grille on an 04 Sentra? Only time will tell.

gimme a minute I'll find out.

nlzmo400r

screw a grille, i want the whole o3 bumper, i HATE the new bumper, it looks too much like the one on the regular sentra, just not aggressive enough

SDRonEbay

Well, here's a scary situation. I'm the only person back here in parts that has even seen the 04 Sentra so we don't know about that yet. Not to be the typical salesman but you can always get a front end kit to make your Spec more savage looking.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Good info Jayson!

Fred...:)

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

Thanks for the info Jayson. I agree with Rob, I like the more aggressive looking front end of the '02-03 Spec V. Gives the car a sportier look, which attracts younger drivers. I think the Sentra is becoming what the Altima was and the Altima is becoming what the Maxima was. Makes you wonder about the Maxima! I do like the new look of the Maxima.

4 piston Brembro brakes are pretty pimp for the Spec V. Will the rotors be cross-drilled or slotted? The MP3 plug is pretty kewl for the radio as well. I had an Alpine head unit in my 240 and it had MP3 capabilities. I loved the ability to have 40+ songs on one disc to listen to. But having the plug for an MP3 player means the capability (with the right player) to have even more songs.

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

So can I get the brembos behind my 02 Spec V wheels?If so what the set cost?

Im with Rob.The grill and front bumper are downers for sure!This looks much better IMO...http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sra ... 186388.jpg :D

SDRonEbay

Hey jEZ,

We're still in the dark about swapping parts. I don't even have an up-to-date list yet. But you'll guys will be the first to know. I do have a few newer pics though.

SDRonEbay

These are on our lot. I'm still trying to hunt down the new Spec. We should get some in by this weekend.

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

JaysonReliford wrote:Hey jEZ,

We're still in the dark about swapping parts. I don't even have an up-to-date list yet. But you'll guys will be the first to know. I do have a few newer pics though.
Cool,thanks Jason.Im looking for the Brembos(If they will fit behind the 02-03 Spec V wheels and maby the taillights.

BTW:You are doing an awesome job keeping us posted on the new cars off your lot!Keep up the good work!;)

SDRonEbay

Thanks, I really appreciate that.

SDRonEbay

Thanks jEz for the reminder.

I've got the new disk in and I've got prices and parts for the 04 Sentra.

Those tail lamps everyone asked about are not as expensive as we first thought. Especially for you guys. For pricing on parts email me or call me.

spec240

In my opinion...buy a 04 spec v and do a 02-03 ser front end conversion. thats if you had a problem getting an older spec v.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”