TestP

Test out signatures and posts here.
loystock
Car: 10 Pilot, 97&03 Q45s, 97 I30 and 06 M35 Sports (04 G35 & 99 I30-RIP)

Pictures of a 12.5 year-old Q45 taken on a very cloudy day, today, 02Jan10. The Q had been bruised several times at automated car wash (never again) and had suffered multiple water spots, the worst at the office. The gardener tested the sprinkler system on a hot summer day with recycled water in Jul07. It sprayed water all over the place. By the time I found out about it, my car looked like an ugly Dalmatian.

Zaino products on the exterior and Leatherique/Lexol for the interior.

loystock
Car: 10 Pilot, 97&03 Q45s, 97 I30 and 06 M35 Sports (04 G35 & 99 I30-RIP)

http://s807.photobucket.com/albums/yy354/loystock/

Zaino products on the exterior and Leatherique/Lexol for the interior.

Hey all, I recently picked up a 2000 i30t with approx 60K miles from a family member who didn't want the vehicle any longer, and I've noticed quite a few issues with the car. I'll itemize everything I've sensed wrong with the car.

1. When cold starting the car, there is a screeching sound that is hear for 1-3 seconds, and then subsides.2. When turning the vehicle off, there is a strange almost "camera shutter" sound that can be clearly heard sitting in the drivers seat.3. When accelerating (with the car in normal operational temp and everything) there is no power / the rpms can't seem to exceed 4,000 rpm.3a. At this 4k point, there is very little power, the rpm stays put around 4k and the speedo doesn't add any mphs, until you let off the gas and allow it to shift gears so the revs drop below 4k and then you may again accelerate a 'bit'.4. While driving the vehicle in the city or freeway, at a speed of approx 40mph, when you want to give the car some gas, but not enough to cause a downshift, there is this metallic crunching, grinding noise. Almost the same noise if you were to put a manual transmission in say 5th gear at 15mph and tried to apply the gas pedal.5. The car doesn't drive like its got 227 hp, more like 127 hehe.

Funny enough I've owned a 2000 i30 years back, and it was a great car. I bought mine in 2000 and sold it in 2004, and moved on and tried out different brands and whatnot. When this 2000 i30 was offered to me (the family no longer had the need for a second car, let alone insuring/registering, etc) for 1000 bucks. The car has less than 60,000 miles, so I figured I'd use it to balance out the mileage usage on my present lease. I was planning to drive the car for a while and then possibly sell it or pass it along to a sibling or other family member.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone, and do any of these symptoms sound like they're going to be expensive / technical to fix?

Ah yes, and the bose head unit isn't reading any disc i insert burned or store bought, and the 6 disk in the trunk is only reading store bought disks.... any help with that..... I know the head units are notorious for busting, had so many issues with my old j30 as well, damn bose unit died like 3 times.

Thanks in advance.

pawprint
Car: 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL w/technology package

Return to “Test Forum”