Test starting a KA24DE on stand.

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
sgille
Car: 1995 240SX Se

We are in the process of re-installing a KA24DE with an auto transmission back into a 95 240 SX, but we are having some problems. Wanted to turn the motor over some before dropping it back into the car, we are not trying to start it just turn it over. We already turned the motor over with the starter and by hand before bolting up the transmission. The problem we are having is now that the transmission is bolted up we can not longer turn the motor over by the starter or by hand. We made sure the transmission was in park and also tried it in all other positions with no luck.
My question is should we be able to turn the motor over with the transmission bolted up and sitting on the floor in the garage? Hope this is enough for someone to help.

Thanks in advance.

ca18det_boy

Yes you should be able to, how are you trying to start it? I'm thinking the auto trans ecu isn't allowing it to start. You should have 12V from the battery going to the large lug on the starter, then you'll need a 12V switched wire to the starter solenoid in order to get it to turn.

sgille
Car: 1995 240SX Se

We where not trying to actually start the engine just turn it over after bolting up the transmission. We had the 12 volts to the starter like you has said and we turned the motor over before bolting the transmission up. We ended up removing the transmission and than bolted it back up again and everything is good, we can turn the motor over by hand and have everything back in the car and hopefully we can get it started next weekend.

Thanks for your reply.

Patchanuty

Thanks for the test. It helped me make a lot of decisions. I think it is very helpful to me.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”