TEST PIPES AND CAT BACK?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
edgarvrgs
Car: ex35

HEY GUYS THIS IS MY FIRST POST. I OWN A 2010 AND I HAVE BIG PLANS FOR IT, I BEEN AROUND THE VQ FAM FOR A WHILE AND I FELT LIKE I NEEDED SOMETHING NEW SOMETHING DIFFERENT, I BEEN DOING MY HOMEWORK AND I FOUND OUT THERE ISNT A BIG MARKET FOR AFTERMARKET PARTS FOR OUR CARS, SO FAR I FOUND OUT WE CAN GET GET BC COILOVERS AND SOME JDM PARTS BUT I CAN NOT FIND TEST PIPES OR CAT BACKS, I SAW A FEW PEOPLE USED G37 COUPE EXHAUST PARTS, CAN ANYBODY POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION FOR TEST PIPES. TIA...

EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

Welcome to the Forum.

Did you find a test pipe?

j50ny
Car: '09 EX35 (J50) Journey AWD Navi - blue slate

Congrats and welcome. I'm not on here often (although hopefully that will change soon). Odds are you may know some of this already by now. First...Is your EX RWD or AWD? That will make a difference. Things are a lot easier if you have the RWD. You can use a catback system from the G37 (RWD to RWD). HOWEVER, please know that the midpipe will have to be altered. As for as test pipes, if you have an AWD, clearance may be tricky. I believe Fast Intentions has them for AWD G's, which will essentially work with AWD Ex35's. If you have an AWD, Motordyne ART pipes WILL NOT work without modification (that's what I've been told).

One thing to consider (and I can't remember for the life of me if they're the same) are the flanges. G37's, whether AWD or RWD, have a VQ37VHR motor as opposed to our smaller VQ35HR. Changes like these often cause manufacturers to make small tweeks in other areas. The flange from the test pipe to the Y pipe should be fine, but you need to check the flange at the header. Better to check and verify that first then to start pulling parts and realize you can't use the pipes.

Sway bars...RWD and AWD rears are the same so if you wanted to upgrade those, that's easy. If you have an AWD, you cannot use front sways designed for a RWD G.

BC coils are okay, but most people with them have complained about clunking noises, no matter how accurate the install and initial fitment. Seems to be a flaw in their craftsmanship. Look in Fortune Auto if your budget allows. If you have a RWD, you have even more options. Please be mindful of spring rates.

ExNolove
Car: Infiniti EX35

I recently had a shop installed a Invidia Genesis off a 370z. Y and X pipe bolted up. from there, everything to the muffler needed to be fabricated due to it being to short. BOL.

XIS
Car: 08 EX35 RWD
17 QX30 Sport

I bet it sounds great!
I did the G37S coupe cat-back and am still in love with how it sounds.

EX35WinterBeater
Car: Summer: 2003 Honda S2000
Winter: 2008 Infiniti EX35

XIS wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:21 am
I bet it sounds great!
I did the G37S coupe cat-back and am still in love with how it sounds.
I have a G37S exhaust on my EX, but I wish it was a bit louder. Sounds good, just a little quite for my liking.

XIS
Car: 08 EX35 RWD
17 QX30 Sport

EX35WinterBeater wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:22 pm

I have a G37S exhaust on my EX, but I wish it was a bit louder. Sounds good, just a little quiet for my liking.
All I did on my QX30 was remove the resonator and it made a HUGE improvement. Maybe that's all you need to get yours to the next level? A performance exhaust shop knocked it out in 30 minutes for $60.
:dblthumb: :naughty: :mike

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”