Test, new member

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
EdSac

I recently got a white convertible. I'm posting a picture of my trade-in as a test message. More later.

cotandem
Car: Infiniti G37C

We traded in our 2001 Lapis Blue/grey interior Boxster for the G37C last September. Can't figure out how to insert a picture....Very pleased with our decision to do so. Hope you will find the Infiniti experience to be a positive one. Cheers!

EdSac

I use Photobucket.com to set up pictures and post them. Both the new ones here, and the others on PPBB. There are instructions in one of these Infiniti forums to use the "image" [IMG] codes. "Copy" the link, then "Paste" where you want it in the text box. Click the "Preview" button immediately above (the magnifying glass on the paper) to make sure the picture's included. This picture is another mid-engined car.

When the weather clears up I'll post some Infiniti photos.

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

Hi Ed - Congrats on your new ride & welcome. What color and options did you get? I can tell you first hand that the Vert is not a winter car! But, she does love the beach!

EdSac

Winter? What's winter? The Boxster didn't like winter either, with summer tires. But there's no ice or snow down here in the flats. The Lake Tahoe Sierra is another matter.

The car has pretty much everything. It's moonlight white with stone. Light colors for the summer. I'm still learning how best to use the paddle shifters. No windstopper; we'll find out if we need that when better top-down weather happens. The Boxster stopper was of marginal value. I don't have lane control or A/C seats. Are those options? But, there's plenty of other geegaws to learn how to use.

Still have a relationship with that MGB?! I've had two Sprites, one a piece of junk. But, the Boxster had so many repairs I'd actually compare it against that Sprite. "When it's running, it's terrific. But when it isn't..."

That's why I went back to Japanese. My Toyota Highlander has had "0" repairs in seven years.

I hope the Infiniti does as well.

The sun's out, so maybe I can get some quick shots.

EdSac

Took a couple of quick ones. I plan on using this car for touring, so I should have some more scenic ones this spring.

370Z/28
Car: 370Z & Z28 *SOLD*
'13 Lexus IS250C F-Sport

Wow...beautiful car.

EdSac....is that a Fiero?

EdSac

Yes, that's an '87 I've had since 1991. I had an 1984 before that (First year of production).

They should have kept making them. I think that with a convertible model and a little more power they could have made some money.

It is/was more reliable than the '98 Boxster I got to replace it! So. it's still a fun car to drive. 140,000 miles.

I'm looking forward to touring in the Infiniti after the rains subside.

370Z/28
Car: 370Z & Z28 *SOLD*
'13 Lexus IS250C F-Sport

I really liked Fieros. I bought a Camaro in '86, then saw the new body style Fiero and I was sick that I hadn't gotten one of those instead. The only problem I remember with them is that they had instances of them over heating and catching fire. GM has never had too much luck with rear or mid engine vehicles!

Glad you have gotten to keep your baby. I'm toying with selling my '95 Z28 that I have had since new. It has only 50k miles and I have modified it heavily, even put a 4.5 psi supercharger on it. I know I will be sick if I sell it, but I don't drive it at all since I have gotten my G. It is just way too fun itself!

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”