test drove a g35 coupe

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
spot

hello everyone

like the subject says, took a g35 for a ride today. i was very impressed with the car overall. my only problem was the sunroof. kept scraping my head on the molding around the sunroof. the dealer is keeping an eye out for a non-sunroof model to see how well i fit in it. the headroom is the only thing keeping me from getting one right now.

the g35x would probably be the more practical of the models to buy as i live in New England and my job doesnt accept "its snowing" as a reason to not go in. (i'm an RN) the other plus with the sedan is i have headroom even with the sunroof.

...but i really like the coupe. :)

nice board BTW. read a bunch of threads and everyone seems nice here as opposed to some other car boards i've visited.

Dave

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Welcome Dave - We're glad to have you.

The G35x would be a great choice for your area. What state are you in?

spot

i'm in Massachusettes.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Welcome to our humble little Dave.

Yeah, there have been quite a few people complaining that the sunroof takes up alot of headroom for people. Since I am only 5'9" I have no problems.

Keep us posted.

x-man

spot wrote:... my only problem was the sunroof. kept scraping my head on the molding around the sunroof. ...the g35x would probably be the more practical of the models to buy as i live in New England and my job doesnt accept "its snowing" as a reason to not go in. (i'm an RN) the other plus with the sedan is i have headroom even with the sunroof.

...but i really like the coupe. :) ...

Dave

Sometimes you just have to make sacrifices man... all in the name of love, right? :D

spot

yeah...that car is almost worth having a bald spot on the top of my head. :D

GeeThreeFive

How tall are you? I'm 6 ft. and I have no problem, but mine is all legs and I just have to keep my seat all the way back.

spot

i'm 6' too. i had the seat in a semi-reclining position and i was still rubbing my head on the molding. the position wasn't uncomfortable, just awkward.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Well, keep us posted on your decision. I think getting the car without the sunroof is worth the wait.

tazer
Car: sports, cars...

The sunroof does bring the head room down a couple inches. I don't have the exact #'s but they should be on infiniti's site. I actually looked into this and noticed this at the dealer when I sat in one w/the sunroof and one w/out it. Theres a little difference however it't noticable if your 5'10 or better.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

tazer wrote:The sunroof does bring the head room down a couple inches.

Almost exactly two inches in the case of the M45. So, i would assume similar for the G35.

Z

vq35de
Car: G35 Sedan Leather 6MT

in the sedan the seat will sink about 1/2" as you put the first 20k or so miles on it. I was brushing my hair against it frequently at first but now, I have enough room for a helmet (my change is more than you will see as I weigh 260# and put 30k miles on my car in the first 10 months.)

I do not know about the coupe, but as for the sedan, I am 6'4" with a 32" inseam (all trunk) and I fit fine now.

all these people say you should get the G35x because it is winter and snows and stuff. Bull, snow tires on a G35 with VDC will make it every bit as capable in the snow as you need it to be, yet will still allow you to get a 6mt model.

YSWEATME
Car: Infiniti FX 35 Sport Package, Honda Accord EX, Ford Mustang GT, Honda CBR 600 F4

Not that I find joy in other people's misfortune, but I must admit I'm feeling much better about being "only 5'8" tall. I must say that no matter what vehicle I ride in/drive, I rarely have issues with how I fit in them. I guess that would be a bummer if I couldn't find a good fit in a car that I otherwise love. Don't give up, though. These cars are great!!!

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”