Test Driving the Coupe

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Palmateer
Car: 2011 Ford Mustang V6 premium convertible

Tested the G35 sedan last year, when it first came out, but I don't really need a four-door vehicle. Recently tested the Nissan 350Z. I intend to try the better-looking G35 coupe next!

Any suggestions on what to look for when I take that coupe test drive?

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

The single most important factor when buying a car is how does it fit you and how do you like cars to fit you.

Do you prefer to wear a car like a glove?Or do you enjoy some freedom of movement inside the car?Or?

And then see if that car "feels right" to you.

Otherwise of course you will find, that the G35 's Coupe's performace is indistuingishable from the 350Z's...

And its gorgeous...

Fred...:)

Palmateer

I agree.

"Fits like a glove" applies to my present car, the Honda S2000, which has a much snugger interior!

The G35 is longer than the 350Z. so I expected the G35 to feel noticeably bigger than my own car.

I even tried the automatic when I tested it (I tested the 350Z with the 6-speed), and the automatic is fine (first gear is geared low for a rapid getaway).

The G35 coupe will be a logical step up from my roadster to a more comfortable GT, now that I've reached retirement age!

I plan to continue to follow this Forum, and to eventually take the ownership plunge!

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

Do it Palmateer! You'll get that G and never look back! That G will make a torque-lover out of you I'm sure. Let us know what you decide on.

Andy

Palmateer

Went back to look at the 350Z again yesterday, because the salesman called to say he just got in a base model. Sticker was around 27k. Interesting.

When I left, I told him I would return when the convertibles come in.

UncleBen
Car: '05 G35 Sedan Sport, '98 240sx LE auto, '95 240sx SE auto,

those convertible Z's are sahweeeeet. i like the coupes better (for right now at least), but those droptops are NICE. but as everyone has said palmateer, just get a car that you think would suit you best. i'm sure a G or Z would do that pretty well though. i think they can suit anyone well. those cars are just amazing.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”