temp gauge not working on dashboard....!

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
ragincajun

It's been a while since the temp gauge on my dash board not working, it sticks there motionless...i never tried to take the car on freeway for a long time b/c of it..what could be reason..is the gauge broke, it's looks fine from outside...what i need to check to make it work....

ragincajun

I H8 UR DSM

does it move at all when you turn on the car, or turn off the car?the gauge should move to the middle, and not move from that position...so if thats what it does, then its ok....if you mean it stays pinned to the right when you start the car, and never moves off the start point, then your gauge or sensor or something could of gone....little more detail please.

ragincajun

it doesn't move at all when i turn on r turn of the car, it always rests on the tiny bar down below the markings...

which sensor could be wrong, ???

I H8 UR DSM

there are two sensors...one that goes to the computer, and one to the dash....u would have to check them to see if its getting a signal, could just be a cut wire or something....this is on a regualar 240sx, with the KA motor right, no swap?

ragincajun

yes its on a regular 240sx with everything stock...

u said one goes to computer and the other to dash ....., from where do they go...is it thermostat r ......?

92 240sx LE 5 spd

Return to “240sx General Discussion”