Temp gauge keeps going up.

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Tazos
Car: Infiniti M35x

Hey guys, have any of you had the problem of the temp gauge going up but not overheating the engine? I took my m35x to the dealer to get it checked out but they said the car was fine and that the car had no codes on. Also they stated the temp gauge didn't move above normal operating temp. I have seen it go close to overheating but it always goes back down before it reaches that point. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Did you recently have work done on the cooling system somewhere else or by yourself? Is there air in the system?

davec69
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35 Base

+1 on the air in the system. Classic symptom.

macgiver

yup sounds like a lot of hot air , coming from a hot air expert myself.

Tazos
Car: Infiniti M35x

I had the coolant flushed. The shop I took it to told me they did burp the system. Perhaps he just lied to me so he wouldn't seem like he didn't know what he was doing? Do you guys know the proper way to burp the system?

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I believe you just squeeze the hose upper and lower radiator hoses with the coolant cap open and the car OFF. Be careful as some coolant may come out of the cap opening.

macgiver

What Ilya's talking about definitely works , I had an Olds that would even be able to "blow the air" right
through a COLD cap , on a completely cold engine , probly a unique case . While doing the process he's saying,you'll get best action if you can raise up the "nose" of the car to guarantee the filler opening is THE highest point for the bubbles to better migrate out that opening. Like a 15+ deg angle ???

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

If fan has multiple speeds it can mean the lower speed is not coming on but the higher one does to barely prevent going all the way to a full overheat. Lower speed missing is what lets the gauge go higher. It would depend on the fans setup. Fords do that all day long, there is a resistor to get low speed and it burns out to lose low only.

Can be airflow clogging trash in between condenser and radiator too that cannot be seen until something is moved aside.

J.Rm35
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35

Check to see if you fans are running while does your gauge go up when you're not moving and back down if you're moving mine where a bad fan on the duel fan assembly

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”