Temp & Compass display not working on g35.

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
SuperMutt
Car: 03 G35 Coupe

Tonight as a was leaving work, the temp/compass display wasn't working on my car. The leds on climate control area aren't lighting up either.

Well after a few minutes of driving, every led lit up on the display for about 10 seconds and it hasn't come back yet.

The real downside of this is that I have no heat in my car and it is pretty friggen cold outside. None of the climate control buttons do anything.

I have the bose stereo and I think that the circuit board for the stereo also controls the climate control buttons, but the radio works normally.

I checked the fuses under the hood and the ones by the e-brake, but they were all good.

I'm hoping that it's just some condensation or something that will clear itself up. I park the car in a heated garage at night.

Has anyone else run into this same type of problem?

Is there some way of "rebooting" the control unit for the climate control? I don't look forward to the 5 hour drive to the nearest Infiniti dealer to get it fixed.

infinititech1

sounds like possibly a circuit board...what kinda car?

SuperMutt

It's a 2003 Coupe. I disconnected the battery and it didn't seem to make a difference.

I have an appointment to bring it in next week. Thankfully, I have heated seats.

I think that I have a blown speaker too, so it will give me a chance to get that fixed as well.

SuperMutt

Well, Yesterday I was getting my car washed, and all of a sudden the temp control lights all lit up. They were flashing all the way home.

This morning, I was driving into work and they were all lit up, but not flashing.

When I started my car up after work, everything came on and started working again.

Odd, I'm still going to bring it in tomorrow, I have a blown speaker that I would like to get fixed too. But at least I drive in warmth.

I had a cooling fan from a computer rigged up to sit on my dash to draw enough heat from the vent to keep the windows cleared, but I don't think I'll need that now.

ed53
Car: G35 coupe

Had a similar issue, only it was the Climate control and Radio....brought it into the deal for diagnostic testing and was told it needed a Radoi/AC circut board....$900+.

Be curious if yours was a similar diagnostic and whether it corrected the issue and your final cost.

OU G35

Had the same issue as above, radio controls and a/c controls stopped working. The steering wheel mounted controls work fine for radio, but my a/c is stuck on auto at 60 degrees all the time. Lights came back on once or twice, but then went off again. Did you ever find out what the issue was?

-2003.5 G35 Sedan Radio has SAT button Dual Climate Control

Thanks

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”