Tell the truth now!

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
assocpubNSI
Car: 1973 240Z

On the lighter side of racing/driving on a road coarse, how many times have you gone off the track? Was it spectacular or just plain jane? Now be honest, nobody is perfect.

dmuramoto
Car: 350Z street, 350Z GT3 and T3 racecars, Versa HB and Infiniti G37xS sedan

assocpubNSI wrote:On the lighter side of racing/driving on a road coarse, how many times have you gone off the track? Was it spectacular or just plain jane? Now be honest, nobody is perfect.
I'm not sure that going off the track is EVER part of the "lighter side of racing"! But in 25 years of racing, I must admit to being off the track quite a few times. Sometimes I had "help" from another racer fighting for the same piece of road and other times it was simply overcoming the laws of physics going for that fast lap.

The most spectaular shunt came fairly early in my career. It happened when I got upside down at my first SCCA Runoffs back in 1989. Since I DROVE my car to Road Atlanta from Denver, it wasn't very funny at the time. But after port-a-powering the roof back into position (roll cage wasn't compromised), putting in a new radiator and glass, I was ready to start and race the next day!

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”