Tein Suspension Question

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
IndigoSandDrift
Car: duh cars

OK i used the search and turned up nothing that pertains to what i am asking so if someone asked it b4 me I'm SOOooooo sorry taht i didn't see it. Anyway:rolleyes I am assembling a fantasy suspension in my head and have come to realize that I know A LOT about engines and very little about suspensions. I want to pull about 1 lateral g and do about 68-69 mph in a slalom (not that i'll run it through a skidpad or a slalom but just to give you an idea) with a daily driver. I'm planning on having an s14 (97-98),sadly i'm stuck in my lead sled 96 camaro at the moment . I have read good things about Tein so i think i'm gonna go with Tein products as they seem seem to have a good rep. and are reasonably priced. Can someone tell me which set up from them would give me this level of performance, ride quality is not an issue cuz i'm not Car and Driver magazine editor puss. thx.

-Conrad

Thesil

i think tien ha's will get you started out nicely

red240ne
Car: mmm...donuts

i still say eibach sportlines.

lateralmotion
Car: guitar, skateboarding, driving

Yeah well whatever shock/spring setup you use, to pull those kinds of numbers you're most likely going to have to go with more than just bolt-on products. I'm thinking welding in some extra braces inside the engine body and around the wheel areas. Maybe that's just way overkill, but that's what I plan on doing. And what most likely matters the most is the kind of tires which are being used. Get some wider wheels/tires, strut brace bars(both front and rear), anti-sway bars, lower connecting bars, tein coilovers, and you will have some sick handling any way you look at it.

Nismo_Freak
Car: 89 240SX

I currently have Tein HAs on the car and they are awesome. Heres what you will need to pull 1 G +

Tein HAs w/ PBUs (1.8 degrees camber front / 2.0 degrees camber rear) SusTech Sways Replace Arm Bushings w/ PBsFront TC Rod BarTein TC RodsAluminum Subframe SpacersCusco Adjustable Rear Upper ArmsVictoracer Tires on Light Wheels Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars

I think thats it?

Two-Forty

How easy was the install on the HAs nismo.

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

Easy, pull the old assemblies and put the new ones in, I did it by myself and it took 4 hours, but I'm backwards, and had to unbolt/rebolt sh*t because I wasn't doing everything in order. Its real easy though.

Dori Dori
Car: Cars of course

Get Tein RA's, they are worth the extra money. They have a larger piston, are all aluminum (weigh less and you'll never have to worry about rust), come standard w/ pillow balls, and have a threaded shock body (so when you lower the car, shock travel is not affected).

Also, you don't need all those rods, braces, and bars to reach 1g. I would replace all worn bushings though if I were you and maybe just get some sway bars.

Next, a set of good tires will be the icing on the cake. I'd buy some Azenis or some other street tires. The victoracers reccomeded to you is plain ol stupid. They are a DOT RACE TIRE! Not a street tire. They would last you all of a couple weeks of driving. At track events, they last about 4. And rain...forget about it.:rolleyes

Lastly, if you do get a race alignment, I wouldn't get 2 degrees of rear camber. I like my rear end to be able to rotate. But that's a preferance thing. Good luck.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”