Tein Super Drift At SEMA?

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
M3Racer
Car: 1999 Acura 3.2TL, BMW E46 M3 Convertible

Hey guys, I have two questions.1) I saw a picture with a Tein coilover called the Super Drift at SEMA. I checked Tein's website but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know where I can get more info on it?

2) Im looking at coilovers and I wanted to have a suspension that I could use for drifting but still use as a daily driver. I'm kind of partial to tein, but other products would help also. Which one would you guys reccomend?

masticatingcow
Car: 94 Mazda FD3S

Regardless of what coilovers you end up buying, here's a list of things you'll want to look for and plan on buying when setting up your suspension. Assuming you've got that S13 your mentioned in the airbags thread, here you go:

Multilink Suspension Hardware:

1. Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms. 2. Adjustable Toe Links (R).

Cusco, Kazama, Battle Version and a BUNCH of other companies make these. Quality and price vary, so do your homework. These pieces are necessary to correct the negative camber that will develop when you drop the rear suspension with springs/shocks combos or coilovers.

Coilovers/Mounts:

It really depends on just how hardcore you are about having a drifting setup. Just like any other type of suspension tuning (drag or autocross, for instance), taking a drift suspension to the limit will mean big sacrifices in streetability. Your best bet is to get coilovers are both ride height and dampening adjustable. That said, do some research and see what coilovers offer these qualities within your budget.

Also, keep in mind that you may with to invest in some pillowball mounts. Pillowball mounts will stiffen the connection between the chassis and the coilovers, making your suspension much more predictable and effective.

Miscellaneous Other Parts:

Consider beefing up your suspension with sway bars and strut tower braces. With an S13, it is ESPECIALLY important that you do what you can to stiffen the rear end up quite a bit.

With all these things taken into consideration, here is my planned setup:

1. Kei Office GX or XT Coilovers (plus rear pillowball mounts if not included. XTs DO include them... hehe) Both feature adjustable camber plates in front. Also a plus.2. Kazama or Cusco RUCAs3. Toe Links (not sure what brand yet...)4. SPL Subframe Bushings5. Strut Tower Braces and beefier sway bars.

I could easily spend 3-4 grand on this setup.

On an end note, setting your car up for drifting may very well be as demanding, if not more so, than autocross. Power is less of a concern in drifting, as helpful as it is. What is more important is a quality suspension setup that gives you, the driver, the most precise control of the car.
Modified by masticatingcow at 7:42 PM 1/28/2005

Grip Gambler

the Super drift arent all that drastically different but are supposed to have better vavling, go lower and be edfc compatable. But if ur looking for a mild street/track set up ur choices are He's or Silkroads, the He's are alot softer and have less range then the silk roads but are comfortable on the street. The Silkroads are a bit better valved and the change in dampening adjustment is way more apparent than he's. He's are either soft or hard lol and their still pretty weak at full stiff for my tastes. : and dot get cought up in the hype of buying every suspension part available, just knock out the big 3 :coilovers, diff, and seat then tune your car from there

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”