Tein HA's...?

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
TommyyJ

hey guys

to anyone who knows about them or has them...where did you get your set and how much...i cannot find them cheaper then 1050...is this a good price? all the places seem to have them for right around the same range...

gracias

Cyberkreig
Car: 1993 240sx (SR )

I would also like to hear what everyone has to say about HA's. I know JMD240sx said he picked his up for around $950. I can't find them less than 1150. Does anyone know anything about the HE's? They are supposedly for drifting. And what the hel are pillow ball mounts?

JDM240sx

Guys I got that in a "group buy" last year and it wasnt for the 240sx. Sorry. I would SERIOUSLY take that $1050 price. Thats a helluva deal if its a single buy!!! ;)

SR180SX

$1050 with or with out the upper pillow? be sure you have the right offset for your front wheels otherwise it will scrach your coilovers...

JDM240sx

Seriously... Pillow ball mounts are really overkill for daily street driving. But its your choice if you got the $$$ . :) I personally like the slight negative camber :D Oh, my $950 price was non-pillowball HA's

Take the $$$ you would have spent on Pillowballs and buy some fatter sway bars... better buy if you ask me. (HAHA.. I know you didnt ask!!)

Nils
Car: road racing

Tein HA's do not come with pillowball mounts. You have to order the HE's, which is basically the HA's with pillowball mounts.

IMO Pillowball mounts are only needed if you are planning to do serious track driving or drifting. You will rub the inside of your tires down real quick since the Pillowball tops have camber adjustment and it just looks so cool to tuck the wheels under the fenders =)

The only real difference between the HA's/ HE's and the RA's is that the RA's have aluminum bodies and shell, so they are lighter in weight. But I would never recommend the R series to anyone who owns a street car based on price, the ride quality is similar to the HA's/HE's.

~$1000.00 for a set of Teins is pretty cheap, I remember when I ordered my first set about 2 years ago, they were alot pricier then.

All my import road race friends use Teins and highly praise them, best bang for the buck out there.

Hope that helps.

take care,nils

Nils

Cyberkreig wrote: what the hel are pillow ball mounts?

A pillow ball mount is where the strut assembly connects to the car. Stock mounts are usually made of soft rubber and aftermarket/performance mounts are made of metal, so you can imagine that it makes the ride a little harsher. Usually aftermarket pillow ball mounts offer camber adjustability with the degree your wheel assembly rides on. In other words, you can add negative front wheel camber for better cornering.

If you want to know what camber is, look it up.. I dont feel like writing a short novel tonight.

make sense?

take care,nils

Cyberkreig

Yes I know what camber is, I'm new, but I'm not daft.

So the HE's are about the same as the HA's cept HE's come with PBM/camber adj. What about the famously adjusable dampers in the HA's, the same/better or totaly different/Less adjustable in the HE's?

JDM240sx

Cyberkreig wrote:Yes I know what camber is, I'm new, but I'm not daft.

So the HE's are about the same as the HA's cept HE's come with PBM/camber adj. What about the famously adjusable dampers in the HA's, the same/better or totaly different/Less adjustable in the HE's?

When in doubt.. just look it up. http://www.teinusa.com

Nils: I do believe the TEIN HA's are available with or without pillowball mounts. Well maybe thats not true for some applications, but for the SXE-10 Altezza, HA's come with or without pillowball mounts. perhaps the Nissan applications differ.

Nils

JDM240sx wrote:When in doubt.. just look it up. http://www.teinusa.com

Nils: I do believe the TEIN HA's are available with or without pillowball mounts. Well maybe thats not true for some applications, but for the SXE-10 Altezza, HA's come with or without pillowball mounts. perhaps the Nissan applications differ.

You are right, I could be wrong.

take care,nils

StanBo
Car: 93 Miata - 10 Tacoma

HAs do not come with pillowball mounts.HEs have a bit of a stiffer spring and come with the mounts.Pillowball mounts will run you $400.HAs will run you 1050 shipped no tax.

HAs are rough for the first 500 miles but are great after being broken in.

Don't know what they are like with the pillow ball mounts but I hope I can tell you on Tuesday night.

Cyberkreig

I still wanna know where to get the for 1050..

StanBo
Car: 93 Miata - 10 Tacoma

Try your local TEIN dealer. You can search for authorized dealers from TEIN's homepage.

240Degrees

For those of you that have the tein HA's, how bad did it affect your camber? I don't mind having a little bit of camber. By the way, this is for an S13.

Nils

240Degrees wrote:For those of you that have the tein HA's, how bad did it affect your camber? I don't mind having a little bit of camber. By the way, this is for an S13.

Lots of negative camber..... I like a very low ride and that adds negative camber aswell. Get the adjustable camber plates for the front, worth the money and will allow you to adjust the camber to your liking.

take care,nils

240Degrees

What kind of camber plates? How much? And won't it make the ride harsh?

240Degrees

heheh... ok. So unless I slam it, I won't affect the camber too badly? Yea, that story was a little off topic, but anyways... where do you live, where they have such "enthusiasts" running performance shops?

EyeStabPeople

im able to get Tein suspension component for 30 - 40% off ;)

Type RS with pillow ball mounts and electronic dampening adjuster soon, ill write up a whole damn article on them after a month or so of driving on them

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

EyeStabPeople wrote:im able to get Tein suspension component for 30 - 40% off
Are you able to order just the rears? The struts blew on my Apexi World Sports (In less than 10k), so I'm leary about getting them rebuilt.

I really like the new Tein Type Flex with the EDFC....that is just too hot.

240Degrees

Heheh. Highlights, eh?

Nissan+speed=fun
Car: Cars

yea does anyone have info on the tein flex's?

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

im gonna say, that when he posted tein's website, that shoulda answered your question.

-duh :p-chet

Nissan+speed=fun
Car: Cars

i have looked at teins site i just want personal opinion of them

Cyberkreig

Flex is expensive. enjuku quotes them at $500 more than the HAs. I really want a street-able weekend drift setup. Now that the HEs are discontinued, I think i'm gonna go with the HAs and Front PBMs for the camber..(that looks so sweet!)

anyone have feedback?

MVP Motorsports
Car: Fast cars, fast jet skis, fast 4wheelers, fast life

Hey guys,

I have ONE set of HE's sitting here in stock for the S13. They are brand new in the box of course, and we are an authorized Tein distributor.

I can sell them for $1240 shipped. Keep in mind this is the LAST SET IN THE UNITED STATES...first come first serve.

Anyone that wants Tein HA's the price is $1036 shipped.

Also, we have 5 Tein Pillowball Tension Rods for Nissan S13 in stock too I need to move...your cost is $182 shipped.

Oh, BTW, I know this is my first post but I did clear this with Shawn & have already written a donation check to help support you guys. Great site & I'm happy to be here!

Regards,

DustyP.S. Hi Nils :)

240Degrees

hey thats a nice price. will you still have it around december? that's when i'll probably have the money. do you have a website?

Nils

V8 Killer wrote:Hey guys,

I have ONE set of HE's sitting here in sto........

Regards,

DustyP.S. Hi Nils :)

Ha ha... another Supra owner over here =)

Wassup Dusty, welcome to the 240 hang out.....

nils

doctorj240
Car: Black s14 w/ redtop

MVP Motorsports

Wow their website is misleading.Actually if you look their price is $995 for the 300Z coilovers. Click on the "Select" box & it says for the 240sx its "+$50". So...they sell them for $1045 + shipping. I calculated shipping to me and it was $71.06 (WOW!). So they cost me $1,116.06 to my door.

http://www.i-m-racing.com/teinhacoilfo1.html

Dusty

MVP Motorsports

240Degrees wrote:hey thats a nice price. will you still have it around december? that's when i'll probably have the money. do you have a website?

The price in December will likely be $1036 + shipping...I can't run this price for too long.

Our website is http://www.mvpmotorsports.com

We've been in business for several years & started by specializing in Supras. We have a 16,000 sq. ft. warehouse in Fort Worth & we supply half the people/companies that are sponsors on this site. :)

Our 240 section is a little out of date but we've already started to work on that...should be back up to date by the weekend.

Regards,

Dusty

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”