Tein HA's...?

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

So can I order just the rears for my car? Or can you only order them as a set?

MVP Motorsports
Car: Fast cars, fast jet skis, fast 4wheelers, fast life

Rear pillow balls....rear HA's...what exactly do you need just the rear of?

Regards,

Dusty

APEXi240

Oh yeah, sorry, HAs, no mounts. Actually do the pillow ball mounts allow for camber adjustment? Or just camber plates? Either way I want to be able to adjust the camber in the rear.

My Apexi World Sports blew with less than 10k on them, which has made me a bit leary about getting them rebuilt.

MVP Motorsports

I talked to Tein & they said they can special order just the rear. You would need the shocks, springs, & everything I assume.

The rear pillow ball mounts do not allow camber adjustment, only the front allow that.

Are you S13 or S14?

Thanks,

Dusty

APEXi240

S14, don't order them yet, i just need a guesstimate on the price. I only got a couple hundred to spend right now, I need like 2 or 3 more paychecks (2 or 3 weeks). Yeah I'd need the whole setup, springs, shocks, ect.

Are there any companies that make camber plates for the rear, or some device which will allow me to adjust camber?

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

cusco makes front upper pillow mounts, and make adjsutble rear control arms for camber adjustment.

enjuku racing carries them

phase 2 carries 'battle version' rear link parts, inlcuding an adjustable arm for the camber...

-chet

APEXi240

thanks.

Two-Forty

I been lookin up on the tein HA's and after days of researching over other products it is pretty good for it's price. It doesn't come with the pillow mounts. The price I last checked was 1150. I was wondering where I can order the pillow mounts and where I can get them at at a cheaper price than 400.

MVP Motorsports

We sell the full set of front & rear pillow ball mounts on our site for $320 + shipping.http://www.MVPmotorsports.com

Regards,

Dusty

MVP Motorsports

Did I mention we have the Tein HA's on sale for $1036 SHIPPED ??

Regards,

Dusty

S_onefourth
Car: cars, ladies, movies

ok ok, so im new here. i wanted to ask something. The pillow ball mount has a better ride right? but you cant adjust the camber, and the PBM will rub you inner tire right? so i dont want that to happen, so i should get the HA's but the ride is a little worse? ride comfort is a little bit of a concern to me. but if that interfer's with performance then screw it. i got a friend that works at a primier shop here, but he gets annoyed when i ask him questions like this. any help for the newbie is greatly appriciated.

SpeedRacer1
Car: 1990 240SX, G35

Pillow ball mounts are usually adjustable, at keast cusco ones are. They do not improve the ridabilty of the car in any way, that would be like saying steel tires are smoother than rubber. The problem with the rubber stock ones is that they can degrade over time and cant take the beating. Metal mounts are for pure performance with no comfort in mind.BTW which shop are you talking about?

MVP Motorsports

While aftermarket PBM are not more comfortable than rubber, they are not harsh by any means. I've had multiple cars with them & without them and I prefer with. What's the point of spending over $1,000 on coilovers and then not have the best handling possible in my opinion.

Regards,

Dusty

lucky
Car: chicks, cars, computers

Hey Dusty....glad to see you on this board. I'm about to sell the supra for a 240SX like I told you last time we talked. Should be a fun project. Guys, if you want the best possible prices or service, Dusty is the man. You won't find any better.

Sorry to hijack this thread.

S_onefourth
Car: cars, ladies, movies

cool man thanks, much thanks. and to answer speedracer, its Garage SPL on lakecity way. piece!

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”