Techron and other fuel additives recommendations

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
haaljo
Car: J30 1995

Bought a four pack of Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner at Costco for $17 which seemed like a great price. Have not used additional additives for my 1995 J30 with 86K miles. Any comments as to if this is a good/bad time to start?Thanks

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

haaljo wrote:Bought a four pack of Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner at Costco for $17 which seemed like a great price. Have not used additional additives for my 1995 J30 with 86K miles. Any comments as to if this is a good/bad time to start?Thanks
While the Chevron Techron cleaner is good, many people here feel it is not strong enough to do a thorough job of cleaning. Cleaning your injectors is never a bad idea. Although a full blown rail flush at an Infiniti dealer might be more needed for a 10 year old car! Start with that perhaps ...

What is better than Chevron Techron is to spend a bit more ($18 per can) and get BG44K from Joe Tesensky at http://www.everythinginfiniti.com, as this is stronger than the mild formulations used in the Chevron Techron additive can. Using BG44K once every three months is the recommended procedure.

Basically, add the can of BG44K to the gas tank, fill it up to about 12 to 14 gallons of gas (approximately) and then drive it down to near empty before filling again.

Z

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

szhosain wrote:While the Chevron Techron cleaner is good, many people here feel it is not strong enough to do a thorough job of cleaning. Cleaning your injectors is never a bad idea. Although a full blown rail flush at an Infiniti dealer might be more needed for a 10 year old car! Start with that perhaps ...

What is better than Chevron Techron is to spend a bit more ($18 per can) and get BG44K from Joe Tesensky at http://www.everythinginfiniti.com, as this is stronger than the mild formulations used in the Chevron Techron additive can. Using BG44K once every three months is the recommended procedure.

Basically, add the can of BG44K to the gas tank, fill it up to about 12 to 14 gallons of gas (approximately) and then drive it down to near empty before filling again.

Z
I prefer doing it with a full tank of gas.. Its more effective when you can run say 350 miles for a full tank, than only 180-200 for a half tank

Joes contact information is in my sig

1993TanJ30
Car: 1993 J30

Do you think its better to run with a 1/2 tank, because then the mixture is more concentrated, vs. running a full tank, and having it last longer - but be a more "watered-down" solution?

This is what I'm picking up when I do my complete tune-up, let me know what you think:

http://store.yahoo.com/tri-max....html

Good info!

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Tech has always stated that its better to do it with a full tank.. its plenty concentrated but it works better to have it in longer. Better yet its best to do it when you know your going to log a lot of consecutive highway miles.. Dont waste it in city driving.....

EDIT: just to let you know you can get those kits a lot cheaper on ebay.

1993TanJ30
Car: 1993 J30

Good info, I'll check out the price on ebay!

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”