Technology and Luxe Style Packages, $2000 incentive, and Pricing

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
TD

Hello EX owners:

I enjoyed reading many of the posts. I am planning on purchasing an EX35 very soon. I will definitely add the Premium and Navigation Packages.

I am on the fence regarding the Technology and Luxe Style packages. Any comments regarding whether you are happy these two packages or why you passed on them? I would get the Tech because of the AVM and the Luxe Style for the Adaptive Front lighting systems. Also, do you know the warranty on the Tech package? The reliability of these cameras is a concern.

Is there a more official link than Edmunds with regards to the $2000 incentive ending March 31?

Also, I see members state the "selling price" or "your price" on their purchase. Does this include all other costs (ie, destination charge, registration fee, documentary, prep, advertising, etc.) excluding sales taxes? Did the dealer charge you these costs?

Thanks,

TD

waltaz

TD wrote:Hello EX owners:

I enjoyed reading many of the posts. I am planning on purchasing an EX35 very soon. I will definitely add the Premium and Navigation Packages.

I am on the fence regarding the Technology and Luxe Style packages. Any comments regarding whether you are happy these two packages or why you passed on them? I would get the Tech because of the AVM and the Luxe Style for the Adaptive Front lighting systems. Also, do you know the warranty on the Tech package? The reliability of these cameras is a concern.

Is there a more official link than Edmunds with regards to the $2000 incentive ending March 31?

Also, I see members state the "selling price" or "your price" on their purchase. Does this include all other costs (ie, destination charge, registration fee, documentary, prep, advertising, etc.) excluding sales taxes? Did the dealer charge you these costs?

Thanks,

TD
I purchased my EX35 last weekend and love it. I got the following: Prem, Nav, Luxe Style, Roof rails, wood trim, splash guards, cargo protector and organizer. I did not want the Tech pack as it's sort of cool, but utterly unnecessary, IMO.

I absolutely wanted Luxe Style to get the Xenon's, primarily, but also the adaptive lighting and the 18" wheels. But I had to have the Xenon's.

You probably won't find an "official" link on the $2K since it's manufacturer cash to dealer that the dealers pass on, plus it runs out on 3/31 and who knows what the April deals will be.

When I think of selling cost, I focus on the price of the vehicle, including all options AND destination. The rest, with the exception of the dealer doc fee (which is profit and sometimes negotiated), is typical stuff that I add to any selling price. But I always want to get the baseline selling price to the lowest possible level to start.

JT4
Car: EX35 2WD Journey Prem/Nav/Luxe/Tech

waltaz wrote:I absolutely wanted Luxe Style to get the Xenon's, primarily, but also the adaptive lighting and the 18" wheels. But I had to have the Xenon's..
Me too. Luxe was important to me because of the xenon headlights. The adaptive part is cool but not necessary. There does not seem to be a huge noticeable difference between the 17" and 18" wheels although I did want the larger ones. I was spoiled with the 20" on my former FX. I wish they has smoked tailights as an option. I had those on the FX as well. My dealer did not have the color combo I wanted without the Tech and neither did anyone else in the area so I have the Tech package. I did use the all around cameras to parallel park in a circular driveway last night and it was great. I did it often with my FX but I would rub the curb at times.

TD

waltaz and JT4, thanks. I just went to a dealer today. He said the $2K Manufacturer cash to Dealer does not exist. Is the dealer yanking my chain?

Also, does the sonar that comes with the Journey beep in the front and rear? This has nothing to do with the Tech Package, correct?

JT4
Car: EX35 2WD Journey Prem/Nav/Luxe/Tech

TD wrote:waltaz and JT4, thanks. I just went to a dealer today. He said the $2K Manufacturer cash to Dealer does not exist. Is the dealer yanking my chain?

Also, does the sonar that comes with the Journey beep in the front and rear? This has nothing to do with the Tech Package, correct?
Yes, the dealer was yanking your chain except today may be the last day for that as I thought is was only for the month of March. The $2K is only for purchases and not leases.. My dealer also told me there were no good 24 month lease deals or rates. I had to push the issue until they gave in.

I thought I remember reading the sonar system was standard equipment on the EX. I definitely did not see it as part of anything optional package.

waltaz

Yep, that $2K is for purchases only, but I don't know what they'll have after today (end of March). For leases, they've had great money factors for March, particularly for the 24-month, but I think that is basically doubling for April.

And the sonar beeps front and rear without the Tech package. I've never had it and like it.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”