Tech system questions

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
blitzguy

Just bought a 2003 FX35 Tech last month. Loving the car.....but have a few questions for other Tech owners.

- Any idea if there's a way to disable / circumvent the NAV system's "safety features." My wife and I took a long road trip this past weekend and she was unable to enter a street address or program a new desitination in the system while I was driving it. The car must be at a complete rest. Plus pressing "I Agree" to the legal text every time the car starts up can become annoying.

- Anyone explore getting a video feed to the in-dash monitor. I'm sure this opens a can of worms RE safety etc... But you can buy aftermarket in-dash DVD players / TV monitors. I'd love to be able to hook the rear DVD player's output up to the in-dash monitor as well. I'd imagine it can be done since there seems to be a standard NTSC input from the camera mounted on the hatch. If there were a way to override the camera input with the DVD players input and spoof the system into thinking it was in reverse and taking the video feed..... seems like it could be done.

Just curious.....

NISTECH

I think I can only answer your intitial questions. there is no procedure to by pass the I agree function of any navi built by nissan/infiniti even for test procedures. but the second one there should be a passenger operation button on the screen when first programming to allow asist operation. Nissan has this habit of calling the front passenger seat position the "asist" postion. so look for a button on the screen with asist operation or something like that.

jimsbmw
Car: 2003 E240 Avangarde with AMG wheels 2006 M35 will all mods!!!

Not sure if this will help answer your question, but saw this post on another forum and it seemed to work for them.

http://forums.freshalloy.com/u...art=1

MikeNColo
Car: Love to ride Steam Trains

I agree w/ blitzguy, the "I agree" disclaimer is really anoying, but with a "sue happy" society I guess it is a necessary evil. Unless... they added a option buried deep in the Electronic Settings to turn off the disclaimer -- w/ a consent agreement that you as owner have read the disclaimer and will not hold Nissan responsible for your turning it off ( or something along those lines...). But for everyday driving I found the Nav. map a distraction, so I turned it off. The map is just 1 button away if needed, and the radio or A/C info. pop up as needed.

Return to “Murano Forum”