LEFTY TEACHER OF THE YEAR .....

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/18/fl ... latestnews
An associate professor at Florida’s Brevard Community College has been fired after school officials say she handed out pledge cards to students urging them to vote for President Barack Obama.

The school’s board of trustees terminated Sharon Sweet on Wednesday after a three-month investigation, but she plans on fighting the decision, FloridaToday.com reports.

The pledge cards, handed to her math students last November, had a picture of Obama on the top and a red flag with the phrase “Pledge to vote!”

The college determined that Sweet violated a code of conduct that prohibits employees from seeking support for political candidates, FloridaToday.com reports.

Sweet, a registered Democrat, says she was participating in non-partisan voter registration on campus and didn’t see the parts of the pledge cards with Obama’s image.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

1 more lost job in the Obama economy.

VQpwrdSE-R
Car: 2005 Code Red Nissan Altima SE-R
2013 Nissan Altima SV

Oh my, I sure am worried about assistant professor Sweets! Not too surprising to see a prof pushing a liberal agenda but it is rare for a college or community college in this case to take action. This reminds me of when my wife was in college at Penn State during the 2008 elections. Gobs of brainwashed obamabot students running around campaigning holding onto his lofty claims of reduced tuition. What did they get instead? Anyways it was next to impossible to walk on campus without seeing one of these:

Oops maybe there was an "H":)
Last edited by VQpwrdSE-R on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/18/florida-college-fires-instructor-for-asking-students-to-vote-for-obama/ wrote:Sweet, a registered Democrat, says she was participating in non-partisan voter registration on campus and didn’t see the parts of the pledge cards with Obama’s image.
Really?
http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20130418/NEWS13/304180042/BCC-prof-who-urged-students-vote-Obama-prepares-appeal-firing?nclick_check=1 wrote:Landman said he has a “hard time” understanding how an educated, tenured professor did not recognize the pledge card as a card of political support. A large photo of Obama appeared at the top of the card and, beneath the photo, a red flag read: “Pledge to vote!
I have not seen the picture, but I do wonder how tough it was to miss it! :chuckle:

Z

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

VQpwrdSE-R wrote:Not too surprising to see a prof pushing a liberal agenda
i agree with you

Return to “Politics Etc.”