Teach me how to Baby My new QX4!!!

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
gr1

Hey guys.. just bought a 2002 Infiniti QX4 - Midnight Blue, 20" Rims, 3 DVD screens.. just loaded. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a car guy, but I want to start becoming one.

Can you guys tell me anything and everything I need to know about how to baby my new ride? Washing, Waxing, Recommended Oil/Filters, Checking Fluid Intervals, Types of Wax for truck and the 20" Chrome wheels.. anything and everything you can help me with is much appreciated!!

Thanks in Advance,

gr1

Onizuka
Car: 91 coupe w/s13 SR20DET 89 hatch w/s14 SR20DE

Sweet man, post pictures of it if you can.

As far as car care, regular maintinance is key. Oil and filter changes every 3000 miles is a really good idea. If your QX4 is automatic, a transmission fluid flush and refill will make it operate better and last longer.

I usually suck at car washing and paint care, i'll get my freind on here to give some tips.

JDM
Car: Import Cars, Powerlifting

I would strongly recommend washing your car and wheels with a garden hose and a soft sponge. Stay away from pressure washers unless you plan on waxing the car since they tend to strip the wax. DO NOT use anything abrasive on the wheels, it will get the dirt off but will ruin the finish. I suggest you clean them like you would your paint finish (soap and water with a soft sponge). They will require some effort however. Pretty much any wax will keep your car looking good and protect the paint if it is applied regularly. Both Mothers and Meguires are very good brands for this purpose. I tend to lean towards the latter. As for soap, pretty much any general car wash soap will be fine. Only wax with a wax that contains compound if your cars paint gets some stains, I use it on occasion but if it is overused it will wear the paint.

chadster

Hey, How's it going? Sounds like a really nice ride! Check out 5 Star Shine to protect your finish. You can see reviews here on nico from people who consistently write and are a part of the community.

http://nicoclub.com/forums/sho...45700

http://nicoclub.com/forums/sho...48193

http://nicoclub.com/forums/sho...44819

If you decide to purchase use the customer code 'VIPDISCOUNTS' at checkout for a great discount.

I recently used it on my dad's new Nissan Titan and it feels and looks amazing. The paint after claying and treatment won't even let a towel stay on the hood. It slides right off. There are many products that I've used over the years and nothing compares to the long-term protection, time-savings and ease of normal cleaning/washing that 5 Star provides. It takes me 10 minutes to wash my Volvo and it looks freshly waxed. It has been about a year since I treated it!

Don't take my word for it, look at those here on nico that are users.

-Chad

Jack44

I use Zymol on my 2001 QX4...Watched a program on the Monterey Concours de Elegence where the prep crews were just using Zymol...If the guys with the 2 million dollar cars like Zymol on their cars, well............

mpoyner

OK, so I ordered some immediately. If it works as promised, it will be a huge asset for me as I don't currently have a garage on my newly built house. We'll be adding one later. So, it's a pain to try to keep the vehicles looking nice.

One note: Chad, dude, you need a web designer to give your site an overhaul. It doesn't really put forth the best professional face for your company.

chadster

Hi, thanks for ordering. If you didn't get the deluxe kit, go out and buy a clay bar at your local auto parts store. I think you can get them at Walmart now too. The claying can sometimes be a bit time consuming depending on the initial condition of your paint but worth it in the long run.

As far as the website, you are completely right, I am in the process of getting a redesign together.

Let me know if I can help in any other way.

-Chad

gr1

what kind of oil and filters are you guys using on ur qx4's?

Jack44

gr1 wrote:what kind of oil and filters are you guys using on ur qx4's?

I use Fram's Tough Guard® Filter...and yes, I know many folks hate Fram products...But to find a good truck filter is hard...I'm open for suggestions too...

46,000 miles with changes every 3,000...with no problems....

....and to the individual who designed the "Plastic Skid Plate", always a joy to remove before oil changes...May you rot in H*LL...

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”