TCS and ABS lights on and killing my battery

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
LYDS
Car: 1994 INFINITI Q45

my car wouldnt start this morning and i believe the battery was dead. i was able to jump start it and get it to run. when it started i noticed the TCS and ABS light was on and would not shut off even when i hit the TCS button.

i drove the care for 15 minutes and it drove fine. i then attempted to start it again this morning and the battery was dead again.

is there a possible link to these lights being on and my battery dying or is it just a coincidence? please help with any helpful information you can.

qship96
Car: 1996 Q45

Have battery and charging system professionally tested, one or both is defective.

N/A Q45
Car: 94 Q45

Just to make you know it's not the tcs/ABS take out the fuse for the ABS and TCS. I don't think that's what is causing your problem but it will help rule it out.

Do what qship96 said or just get a volt meter and test the at the battery when the car is running should be 14v then turn on everything , lights, heater, defroster ect and see how much the voltage drops. If it goes below 13v you prob have a bad connection or the ALT is on it's way out. There's lots of videos on YouTube about how to do this. But I think "ericthecarguy" shows it the best.

goody90q45
Car: 1992 Q45 (sold)

Are you hearing the ABS actuator running after you shut the engine off?
Is the ABS warning light on after the engine is shut off?

If the answer is yes the ABS relay has gone bad. It's located inside the black box in front of the ABS unit under the hood. I had a dead battery twice on the 94Q I just sold until I heard the pump running after the engine was shut off and replaced the relay.

LYDS
Car: 1994 INFINITI Q45

I have tested the battery and it was confirmed bad. I replaced the battery and both ABS/ TCS lights are still on. When the car is turned on there is a humming noise coming from the back passenger side under the hood.

I am going to check the fuses and relays tomorrow. Thank you all for your help.

smpresco9027
Car: 1995 q45 non-active

You said there is a humming noise from back passenger side engine bay? That's DEFINITELY it. Mine done it the other day and I just pulled the relay. It's under this cover highlighted in green. Also O'reillys and Advance doesn't have this relay so you could try to find it online or go to the dealer :picard: Image

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”