tanabe exhaust?

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
BippuBoss

i was thinking since i was already planning on getting coilovers that tanabe has this exhaust for the versa as well. i really don't know anything about mods for the versa and i've heard from other people in the forum that tanabe is a good company to go with. what do you guys think? i'll post a picture right here.this is the exhaust i guess. it looks pretty nice and not ricey at all. when i was looking at the suspension the exhaust link was there too so i'll post it down belowexhaust touring medalionso tell me what you think and opinions also are there any vendors? or dealers? where i should get both?

lain
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S

you are going to have to do a little research on your own when it comes to prices. tanabe is a good company, they even offered me a job as a sales rep. I personally would never put a aftermarket exhaust on any car because I can just put a QTP pipe before the muffler and it will do the same job but alittle better.

google QTP and see what you find.

DejaWiz
Car: See sig for details.

Expensive, but might be worth it if you're looking for a direct bolt-on.

If you have some good exhaust shops in town that charge reasonable rates, you could just ditch the resonator and have them bend and weld up some pipe and a more free-flowing muffler, like the Cherry Bomb Vortex.

Find the part number attached to the inlet/oulet orientation that works best for you and give Performance Peddler a call, they'll quote you a much lower price than what they advertise on line that will include shipping.

Do it right, and you'll spend half of what a bolt-on exhaust will run you.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

lain wrote:you are going to have to do a little research on your own when it comes to prices. tanabe is a good company, they even offered me a job as a sales rep. I personally would never put a aftermarket exhaust on any car because I can just put a QTP pipe before the muffler and it will do the same job but alittle better.

google QTP and see what you find.
If you are referring to just adding a cutout before the muffler you are not doing the same as a full catback exhaust. The main idea of a full exhaust is to open the piping up completly with a cutout on the stock exhaust you aren't gaining that much flow.

And yes tanabe is good, but if you want any performance instead of just sound you will have to get a full catback (either wait on one, or get custom work). Possibly could get a shop to make a pipe from the cat to meet up with that axle back as well.

lain

biggie wrote:If you are referring to just adding a cutout before the muffler you are not doing the same as a full catback exhaust. The main idea of a full exhaust is to open the piping up completly with a cutout on the stock exhaust you aren't gaining that much flow.

And yes tanabe is good, but if you want any performance instead of just sound you will have to get a full catback (either wait on one, or get custom work). Possibly could get a shop to make a pipe from the cat to meet up with that axle back as well.
Well I expected if hes adding a muffler to of course do a full cat back. From the cat back have 2-1/4 piping, put a cat or not, up to you. If you keep a cat get a hi-flow one for better airflow. keep the resonator please!!! for 1 it doesn't affect the air flow and 2 it will give your car a lower tone (which always sounds better). Keep the 2-1/4 piping going and then some time from the resonator to the muffler install the QTP pipe. That will be my setup sometime in the near future.

superskunk
Car: '07 Super Black Versa S Hatch,'06 Super Black Murano SL

http://www.apexi-usa.com/produ...Num=1 i think this would be better.... i could be wrong tho.... so whats up are you guys ready to join the SoCalVersaClub?

lain

superskunk wrote:http://www.apexi-usa.com/produ...Num=1 i think this would be better.... i could be wrong tho.... so whats up are you guys ready to join the SoCalVersaClub?
https://shop.quicktimeperforma...p=11

I think they do the same job and QTP is 3 times cheaper then the apexi.

BippuBoss

thanks guys this helps a lot. i was thinking maybe just doing bolt on stuff in case i ever decide to sell the v for a newer model or something. that way i can revert everything back to stock. cutting and welding would free things up, but i don't want to cross any warranty issues, cuz i got a good deal with the stealership. ha

lain

BippuBoss wrote:thanks guys this helps a lot. i was thinking maybe just doing bolt on stuff in case i ever decide to sell the v for a newer model or something. that way i can revert everything back to stock. cutting and welding would free things up, but i don't want to cross any warranty issues, cuz i got a good deal with the stealership. ha
coilovers will cross the warranty

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”