Talking about Versa on the radio

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
bright_one

I was listening to WGN radio tonight here in Chicago [and across 38 states] and hosts Steve and Johnnie had a couple guys in from Consumer Guide magazine talking about cars, so I emailed them and asked for their opinions of the Versa.One of the guys from Consumer Guide said "It's a pretty nice car" and "they made a reliable Renault," speaking of the coupling of nissan and renault. he also said it was nicer and more well-appointed than the Fit or Yaris and subsequently costs a little more, but overall the synopsis of the Versa was that it's a pretty good car. I also asked if i should worry about it because it's a first model year, but the guy said it's only the first model year in the U.S., so, so much for that fear.

will1911a1
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S

It's good to know that the Versa is getting good reviews!

jallendavis
Car: 1992 Maxima GL, 2005 Pathfinder SE 2x4, 2007 Versa SL (will take delivery in late Sept.)

I also heard that review! just out of curiosity, where in Chicago are you? and do you have a Versa yet? I live just west of the city and the 5 dealers near me have sold like 30 of the darn things between them and still I have only seen 1 V on the road so far. Sadly I still wait for my factory order should be in in the next few weeks though

bright_one

i am in the city, in the andersonville neighborhood. i haven't gotten my versa yet, as i've been trying to get things fixed on the car i will be trading in first [a 93 volvo 850]. i did the whole 'build your versa' thing online and submitted it to three dealers [one in the city, one in evanston and one in northlake] but only one [the one where the owner waves his hands alot in the TV commercials] has given me a quote. if you've any insight on any good experiences with dealers in the area, i'd like to hear it.

Return to “Versa General Chat”