taking foot off the brake

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
shavimusha
Car: 2008 NISSAN ROUGE SL AWD / 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA GXE

I just noticed something when I am stopped in traffic and I take my foot off brake before I press accelerator it feels like someone rear ended me this just started happening about moth ago and it got to point when check my mirror to see if it was real or just my car acting anyone noticed something like this ?

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Nope, not me.

Does it do this every time, or just intermittently? How many miles on the vehicle?

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

Was the engine cold when this happened?

When the car is warming up, the idle is higher therefore when the CVT engages, the step is higher giving this sort of kick. Happens also in summer when the AC turns on.

I saw a strange accident once: A car was stopped at a light, of course almost in the middle of the intersection as we are talking about Montreal (you have three lines at a light in Montreal: the first one for the car, the other two for the pedestrians, and of course the cars usually stop at the third one as the lights are at the other side of the intersection). The AC kicked in and since the driver was not applying enough braking the car jumps few meters as another car was crossing removing its rear bumper.

shavimusha
Car: 2008 NISSAN ROUGE SL AWD / 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA GXE

It is not happening every day and engine was not cold I was stuck in heavy traffic for about 45 minutes so engine was warm

Return to “Rogue Forum”