Taking care of your baby

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
minpin

Okay - the wait is just killing me. It's been two weeks since I reserved my G35c 6MT. I haven't been given an exact date yet, but it's supposed to get here in April.

In preparation for the arrival, I'd like to get some input from everyone here about the products you guys use to take care of your G35. I'm talking interior and exterior. Leather, carpet, outside finish, wheels, tires, etc.

I'm probably crazy for buying a black car in the Seattle area - I'll be washing it at least once a week if not more. I don't want to use anything harsh - I just want to take care of my new baby :)

Also - are there any must-have aftermarket parts that everyone puts on the car right away? I know for sure I'm getting the drilled foot pedals - and I'll be getting the windows tinted.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Hmm, the only must have product for me is 5-Star. Since I have put it on my car back in October, I haven't yet had to really wash the car. I take it to the self-serve bays and power spray it with water and then I do a spot-free rinse. The car looks freshly washed and waxed everytime.

I think that a nice big microfiber weaved towel is always nice to have to dry with. I also carry with me Maquires detail spray and Eagle One for the tires. For the interior I use Lexol leather cleaner and Lexol leather conditioner. I think that you will find this site ( http://properautocare.com/index.html ) very helpful in explaining all your car care needs. I would suggest clay barring the car and then applying 5-star as soon as possible. Then you really have nothing to worry about.

As for mods, there isn't really anything must have. Most people upgrade the intake, but it isn't anything that creates dramatic improvements. Read my post about the Z-tube and popcharger. intakes are usually relatively inexpensive and easy to install. The most noticable difference will be with sound.

Tinting the windows is a must though.

Enjoy the new car. You must post up some pictures once you get it.

Forte
Car: Car, Motorcycles, Tuning

Congrats on the new ride bro. Any help in mods contact me I would be glad to help.

:cool:

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”