Take it easy on me,

All things Altima Coupe.
Deathbysexy
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

I have a 3.5 SE named Lucy. She has been sitting for two years while I was in jail. Apparently the garbage truck hit her. Who knows what else while I was away. Etc. she is non running but engine and tranny are a perfect go. She needs all the little things. I’ll enclose some pics as she sits. Of course the exhaust is obscene. Not me.... I just am asking for help. Not monetary, use this vq as a canvas. Maybe it’ll breathe some life into the forum.... I just got a new job so this is my new money pit. I’ll just say I had her 0-60 in 5.5 sec. she has potential but I need help. I’ve had three passerbys ask me to sell it, the 3.5 coupes are well known apparently. Not asking for money, rather direction.

Cheers
Last edited by Deathbysexy on Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Deathbysexy

Deathbysexy wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:39 pm
I have a 3.5 SE named Lucy. She has been sitting for two years while I was in jail. Apparently the garbage truck hit her. Who knows what else while I was away. Etc. she is non running but engine and tranny are a perfect go. She needs all the little things. I’ll enclose some pics as she sits. Of course the exhaust is obscene. Not me.... I just am asking for help. Maybe it’ll breathe some life into the forum.... I just got a new job so this is my new money pit. I’ll just say I had her 0-60 in 5.5 sec. she has potential but I need help. I’ve had three passerbys ask me to sell it.
Attachments
D22FB9EB-7DD4-42F8-8E40-30D4BE0F9674.jpeg
B337E9FD-06B3-4868-BF8A-3CC1039C8819.jpeg

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

First Welcome to Nico your new home away from home! :yesnod

The car has potential.
Obviously get rid of the exhaust.

Your engine is the same as in Many other Nissan/Infiniti products so all the various performance tricks that have been discovered on this board apply to you as well.

But first I would get it running right. :cool:
Please tell us what the specific issues are that you are experiencing?

Brakes, suspension, drivability, leaks?

Deathbysexy

Thank you for the welcome! As for the motorcar........
Brakes are aftermarket drilled and cross slit, pads go quick. It has Tein coilovers which it makes feel like driving a go-kart. But it is dropped too low for PA roads. Exhaust scrapes a lot.

She needs asfaik. Serpentine belt. It’s gone. Maybe battery and alternator too. Emergency brake is shot. Body and updated aesthetics
Last edited by Deathbysexy on Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PalmerWMD

Deathbysexy wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:24 pm
Thank you for the welcome! As for the motorcar........
Brakes are aftermarket drilled and cross slit, pads go quick. It has Tein coilovers which it makes feel like driving a go-kart. But it is dropped too low for PA roads. Exhaust scrapes a lot.
I always felt the stock suspensions on these cars is a good balance between handling and comfort.
Consider restoring the suspension to stock.
I believe Rockauto.com is a sponsor here check them out, I recently rebuilt nearly my complete suspension on my one of my Nissans by parts just from them.

Deathbysexy

Tough call. I often wonder what the OEM was like. But the Teins give no give on handling if that makes sense. I would like to raise them since they are adjustable.

Deathbysexy

Compared to when I owned a MSP. I’m afraid this forum doesn’t have the traffic like that. I modded the hell out of that thing. All hands on deck my brothers

Deathbysexy

The garbage truck incident only appears to have scuffed the paint. I’m just asking on what you’d do with a 3.5SE and ,,, I will research.

PalmerWMD

my recommendations:
-Change CVT transmission fluid
-bleed brakes
- flush radiator
- inspect belts and hoses
- replace exhaust
- take care of suspension one way or another.

When car is in good working condition consider performance mods.

Dbarry
Car: Nissan 240SX

Wonder what happened to the progress of this car. Just good to hear you are up to bring her back to life.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”