Take a picture, get arrested.

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
Looneybomber
Car: 02 explorer sprt (grn)
10 G37S (white)

Leuthesius
Car: 1996 Infiniti J30 - Totaled by Hail RIP
1995 Smurfima - Blown Head Gasket 230k miles RIP

They would have had to kill me. I would have been on those officers in a second beating the crap out of them for this. This was unwanton abuse of power.

Sil40_Mayhem
Car: 1995 240SX 5spd/1992 Integra LS

Leuthesius wrote:They would have had to kill me. I would have been on those officers in a second beating the crap out of them for this. This was unwanton abuse of power.
Easy there, tiger. You very well may have been killed (or, at the very least, beaten within an inch of your life), and for what? To prove a point? Dead men tell no tales...

What this proves is simple human fallibility. Trust? It will be violated. Power? It will be abused. Vulnerabilities? They will be exploited. Such is the reason for law and order from the get-go. There are bad apples in any demographic and category that a human being can be placed into (perhaps excluding the dead; it's kind of hard to screw around when you're worm food). Still, it is doubly disappointing when such is exhibited in those we entrust with the enforcement of our laws and with our safety. Unfortunately, for now it seems the best recourse is to try to bring these offenses to light, raise public awareness, and push for stiffer penalties for those who would violate the trust of the public. Make them an example.

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

So... when criminals are let out of jail due to overcrowding because these cops are filling the jail with 'camera men', how do you explain to the city (as the mayor) that your cops are making the streets safer?

If all the NYPD has to do all day long is arresting non compliant videographers, there is something wrong with that department. I want my local police department to put real criminals behind bars and solve crimes.

nzmoman
Car: 240sx 2 of em' and always lookin for more

not a surprised at all. I live in one of the wealthiest county in America, and I get followed home on a regular bases. I think this accurately represents the abuse of power that many of our law enforcement officers exhibit.

smockers83
Car: 2006 G35 Coupe

I like how they claim the one lady gives up her constitutional rights by identifying herself and says the girl who goes completely nuts didn't. There's absolutely nothing in the constitution about that. Many states, NY being one of them, have stop and identify statutes that allow an officer to arrest a person if they don't identify themselves when asked, obviously given certain conditions. I'm not saying her situation met conditions for an arrest, I just wanted to comment on that because I like when people try to claim bigger things than what they really are. But man did she go nuts haha.

I'm not really sure what's going on here besides random arrests. Maybe a background story will make it all come full circle.

Return to “Politics Etc.”