Tail Light Issue

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
2JZswaped
Car: Infitini
G37 S Convertible
Liquid Platinum
Bagged
Nessen Forged wheels

My 1990 S13 has a brake light issue that when I press on the brake pedal, the brake lights won't activate. Same thing applies for when the car goes into reverse, the reverse lights don't activate. But if I turn on the dash light and/or the head lights, the tail lights are on but dimmed as they should be. Just for some reason they don't light up when I hit the brakes.

My brakes work fine, just a little squeaky.
So I'd appreciate it if someone could give me a list of all possible problems to run through so I can fix it.
I've been driving around with tail lights that don't work right and it scares the s*** out of me, trying to avoid a rear end and that fat ticket ! :ohno:

ScrapnSidwayz
Car: My damn S13 is a fuggin money pithole

There should be a little switch by the brake pedal that triggers your brake lights to turn on when the pedal is pressed. Have you checked to see if that is broken, unplugged or anything?

2JZswaped
Car: Infitini
G37 S Convertible
Liquid Platinum
Bagged
Nessen Forged wheels

Well I just checked the switch, it was plugged in. So I unscrewed the bolt and manually pressed the switch with my fingers and it didn't work.
Did a little bit more research and found this: http://www.houston240sx.com/showthread.php?p=736340

I'm going to try and replace the switch and the little rubber stopper because that fell off aswell.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”