tail light fuse goes when i close the hatch

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
kerv

Anyone else have this problem? My brake lights work fine when my hatch is open, but as soon as it is closed and I press the brake the fuse goes on me. I have tried looking for shorts and havn't found anything yet. I also tried taping with electrical tape all the metal contacts the hatch makes with the car when it is closed. Still no luck. I have followed the wires back everywhere and everything looks like it has never been moved and everything is soo clean that I don't know what could be shorting.

I know all my lights work as I can see them all light up for a second before the fuse blows.

I think I am going to run to Radio Shack and pick up a self resetting fuse circuit breaker to help me not waste tons of fuses.

:help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help

Has anyone else had a similar problem and might be able to direct me in a place to look? Thanks,

- Kev

drjohn

If you have a third brake light in the hatch check the wiring that goes to the hatch. It should be on the drivers side. Over a period of time the wires break in the rubber tubing and short to ground. If not check to see if any wires are caught in the latch when you close it.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”