Tach hookup

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
fastmonteus
Car: 1999 Nissan Frontier

which wire do i splice into to hook a tach up my coil is made into the distributor its a 2.4 dohc thanks tim

Big-Bird
Car: 2000 Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest SL

Shoot..I think you stumped me on that one.....but I have the CD manual so I'm not licked yet!

or am I

Check your yahoo emailfor a 4 page word document from my CD manual

It should help you find what you seek

fastmonteus
Car: 1999 Nissan Frontier

big-bird the 4 page thing on the tach hadnt showed up yet thanks tim

Big-Bird

I sent it again

The images are pasted in a MS Word document file. It's under 500K so you should be a quick email.

brdrhoppinpro
Car: 1986 hardbody

hey whats up. i also need the tach information so i can hook that **** up. if you could please send me a copy of that section that would be great! thank you here is my email: [email protected] thanks again!

Big-Bird

Email sent.

Hope it helps

Philalan
Car: 1999 NISSAN FRONTIER - 2 WD 4 CYL AUTO

fastmonteus wrote:which wire do i splice into to hook a tach up my coil is made into the distributor its a 2.4 dohc thanks tim
I Have a 1999 2 wd auto 4 cylinder and want to put a stock Tach in it. Any suggestions?

Big-Bird

Did the 4 cylinder trucks in 99 come with an available Stock Tach? (Anyone know the answer to that one?

I am going to take a guess and say that they did come with a stock tach but you will need to find a gauge cluster from a Nissan truck, hopefully the same year, that did come with a tach and do a swap. The factory wiring might even be there in your trucks dash already. I do not know how the stock tach gets it's signal on the 1999 4-cylinder engine. And I haven't even checked the V6 for that matter either.

Another option: you could find an aftermarket tach and mount it somewhere either on the steering column or on the A pillar. I don't like the idea of mouting them on the dash pad. There's too much foam to get a good solid mounting in my opinion.

If you do get an aftermarket one they should have instructions on where the signal wire needs to be connected in order to get a signal to the tach. Please keep us posted if you decide to pursue this.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”