T3 vs TDO5 18G - Turbo Help needed..

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
JDM_1990_S13

Complete Reman. .60 trim T3 Turbocharger with adjustable internal wastegate. The .60 trim compressor flows 34LB/min (340HP) at up to 20psi. The turbine wheel is a Std. trim T3 for good response.

Comes with an adjustable internal wastegate, .60 trim compressor housing with hose in / hose out adapters (2.375" in, 2" out) and a standard style .48 A/R turbine housing . Also included is a swing valve ***. outlet flange (2.5" ID) and T3 oil drain flange.

Internet Pricing $450

>> from JGS Turbo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18G UpgradeThis turbo is built from the factory turbocharger. It uses the same housings and TD05 turbine wheel found in the factory turbo. It uses the larger 18g compressor wheel found in many Greddy turbochargers. The 18g wheel is rated at 600cfm and well suited to boost pressures from 10psi to 25psi. On Sale - $495

>> from Fored Perfromance

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

which one you guys think will be a better street/strip turbo for my CA18DET, i am turbo shopping and looking at options..

you think i could get them to change the specs on the T3 from JGS to get more out of it? i am looking for about 400HP, rebuilding with JE pistons etc..

or should i keep looking for the T3/T4

Garrett T3/T4Compressor Wheel: 50 Trim TO4ECompressor Housing: .50 A/R TO4ETurbine Wheel: 76 Trim T31Turbine Housing: .63 A/R T3

i have gotten quoted about $650 for this combo with a 360 degree thrust bearing from JGS Turbo. but externally wastegated.. is this overkill or ideal for the CA18DET???

help me out guys..

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”