system randomly shutting off?

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
97AltyGXE
Car: 97 Nissan Altima Gxe

..so i matched all the colors..but i still have a black wire left, and im pretty sure its the negative, but this **** keep shuttin off sometimes and everytime i turn off the car n start it back up i gotta reset everything..is their any color wire thatr the black goes to? possibly the blue wire for power? or ...

but i heard wire to wire is bad, but my car came like that..the original aftermarket deck it came with was wire to wire, so is their a way that i can get an adapter piece from an original deck off an alty to hook up to my adapter..becausr thats what i need right?

AppleBonker
Car: Useful: 2011 Black Nissan Titan Pro-4x
Daily: 2003 Accord EX-L Coupe
Hers: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

Where is the black wire? If it is on the aftermarket wiring harness, it is almost certainly ground. If you don't have this connected, the unit will definitely not work and it wont be able to store anything in memory. You can ground the ground wire right to the body of the car (somewhere there is clean metal - use some sandpaper or something to remove the paint).

97AltyGXE
Car: 97 Nissan Altima Gxe

yes it is on the after market unit, its just on the side of my deck where i screw the deck back in with the car!..so il make this a project for the afternoon today..thanks!

another question: but i heard its bad to wire decks wire to wire..its better to use the wiring harnest connector

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”