Switching headlight halogen bulbs

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
orijin
Car: Nissan Rogue 2008 Silver SL AWD

I'm planning to have my halogen bulbs switched to white halogen bulbs in the manual the thing said h11 55w would i be able to use h11 110w without any problems? Or might it short circuit the wiring?

Leo2005

I used to have 100w on my Pontiac Montana without any problems to the circuit but the bulbs didn't work for long. Why don't you get aftermarket hid set? Look for topic over here for hid upgrade to see how people upgraded their lights to white/blue on Rogue.

philipa_240sx

I get a chuckle out of the wattage rating of these bulbs... they 'claim' double the brightness: 2 x 55W = 110W of light output. IMHO it's all just clever marketing that is not based upon fact or any relevent testing.

The bulbs themselves may not actually draw any more current than regular bulbs. If they do, there is a 10 amp fuse that will blow and protect the wiring and headlamp.

IMHO if you are looking for bulbs that actually produce better illumination, go with higher light output Halogen bulbs and stay way from the 'ghetto HID' bulbs with the blue tint. I've tried an used the Sylvania Xtravsion and they do appear to be brighter at the expense of a short lifespan (1 year or less). Philips makes similar high output bulbs sold under Hi-Visibility or VisionPlus name.

orijin

the hid kit will have to wait imma get my windows tinted first but for the philips and sylvania they do not make h11 bulbs but rather they just make regular h11 bulbs. I have the Philip bulbs on my highbeams they appear to have a whiter light than the stock halogens.

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

I bought some halogen bulbs from the UK few months ago which were brighter (advertised at +80% and there are brighter) and a little bit whiter than the halogens, but the price was high too (about 60-70$ with the shipping if I remenber correctly). I can find you the details if you want.

(These bulbs are on sell now, if someone is interested )

If you plan at the end to upgrade to HID lights, don't do the same mistake as me and go directly to them because the difference of price is not that big. I paid about 140$ with the shipping for the HID kit. Easy to install (real plug and play style of installation) and you can see the difference right away (real bright and white).

philipa_240sx

HID's may not be an option for some. Some may not wish to risk getting ticketed or have annual inspections in thier province/state. Remember: Aftermarket HID kits are not legal for public road use in Canada or the US.

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

That is true, if you want to stay legal, you have to keep halogen bulbs or change the whole assembly which is about 600$ each side if I remember correctly a post from Philip.

BTW, I found the information about my previous bulbs: There are H11 Osram Night Breaker bulbs, advertised at +90% brighter and +10% whiter but still 55W to make them worked.With the rate change, I paid 61$ to get them from the UK.

Osram is another name for Sylvania, in Europe, but seems to make better products (last longer).

Interested?

orijin

HIDs legality wise is not a problem for me just don't have around 200 to throw down for those better than average hid kits. Prefer to get my dash unit and tints done first.

I'm just waiting for my mom to visit china this month and find out how much are the techone,latsun ultra slim or ghc kits going to cost there. Heard those companies are reputable companies for hids not great like phillips of course but way better than those $100 ebay hid kits.

NY State has annual inspections but i don't remember any of my friends with hids ever failing the inspection cause of that.

$61 is rather a steep price to pay halogens though, i rather just save and just get hid kits instead.

philipa_240sx

Just get some upgraded Sylvania Xtravisions or the Philips bulbs I mentioned above. You should be able to get them for $30/pair. Best bang for the buck IMHO and they do provide more useful amounts of light over the stock headlamps.

orijin

I do not believe they carry h11 type bulb versions of those in either phillips or sylvania. They only carry h11 in normal versions which are the same as the stock bulbs.

Looked all over for them no go.

philipa_240sx

Ahh, sorry I did not think of that. Seems very few mfg's have started producing upgrade bulbs for the newer H series. Niether Sylvania, Philips or GE have an H11 listing in thier 'extra bright or hi visibility' lines.

Return to “Rogue Forum”