Switching from integrated phone to wireless headset

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
midas

I purchased a Motorola Razr from Verizon last weekend - I have had no problems mating the phone to the car (M35) but the quality is not good enough for business calls. Because the Razr doesn't have a wired headset option, I also purchased a H500 bluetooth headset (better charger connection than Verizon's model).

My issue is - can I easily switch from the car on bluetooth handsfree to the headset on bluetooth?

bamaSAAB
Car: '06 M35 Liquid Platinum/Bourbon journey/nav '91 Saab 9000T, '05 Mazda3, 3 other older Saabs

I've only had my M for 1 day, but my best feature so far is using the built-in blue tooth for my business calls....I also have a razor (Tmobile) and a moto wireless headset. the change is seemless. I have the headset set "automatic" and the car "alway ask" As soon as the car starts, my razor says car requests connection..accept or deny... if my headset is still on, it won't ask...I have to turn off the headset as I enter ythe car.

I don't get the quality problem...my regulars say they can't tell the difference..headset vs car????

Hope this made SOME sense....

midas

bama:

Is that "always ask" setting in the car or the Razr?

thanks

bamaSAAB
Car: '06 M35 Liquid Platinum/Bourbon journey/nav '91 Saab 9000T, '05 Mazda3, 3 other older Saabs

in the razor in the connection menu(settings) under history...it lists both devices..push edit and it will allow you to change settings..."access" auto or always ask

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

Search the forums. There are some discussions on the Blue Tooth quality or lack thereof. There are some suggestions for changing volume settings.

I also have a RAZR from Verizon. I made a change in the DIAGNOSTIC MODE (look-up in forums) that made a positive change.

It's a shame to find tech items we can't stand and have to avoid. For me that would be the Lane Departure System. I found it too annoying and turned it off. I hate to think about how much money I just turned off!

midas

In diagnostic mode, does raising the volume setting from medium to high boost the sound quality of the interior mike? I have no problem hearing people but they have problems hearing me.

BTW, my previous handsfree was a Plantronics boom headset - I don't think handsfree sound quality gets any better than that product but you look like any idiot driving!!

jshattner

I've found the opposite with my Treo 650. Lowering the volume in diagnostic mode gets rid of a lot of the "underwater" sound that made it difficult to hear me. I guess that's because the "mid" position picks up too much cabin / road noise and doesn't properly differentiate from your voice.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”