Swedish vert

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
Schumann
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx Convertible

Hello Verties !
First of all i'm new here, and s*** what a great forum, hours and hours of reading material !

I just bought this 1992 Vert from a lady in Sweden, i got i for nothinh, and ofc it has a lot of things i need to fix.
But its a work in progress, and this thread will be updated as soon as something new happens.
The car was totally stock, and where green og alga, but after a couple of hours of cleaning, it went white again.

Hope you like the car, i know i do!

And sorry for the bad language, i hope you understand what i'm writing!

uber240times2
Car: 1989 240sx hatch
2003 350z

That's one clean looking vert right there. I'm noticing that when ever someone says "excuse my poor language", that their grammer is better than half of the internet population.

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Beautiful car!!!

Welcome to the forum, we're very happy to have you on board. We have a very small population of European owners, so you have a very rare vehicle. I think you may be #5 from Europe... I know I've spoken with 3 others for sure, and I had heard of a fourth, so you might be #5. I'm sure there could be a few more people that haven't made it onto the forum, but still, not many people.

You're English is excellent, don't worry at all about being understood!

Please let us know if there is anything we can help with. I know it's very hard to get parts over there, so if you need someone to keep a lookout for something, let us know.

Keep us updated on your progress and plans for the car.

cmkelly
Car: 1992 240sx Vert, 2006 Acura TL, 2001 Pathfinder LE, 1996 4Runner 4x4

Beautiful car, welcome to the forum. Here you will have 99% of your questions answered. Keep us posted as to your progress. And your English is great.

Schumann

Thanks for kind words ..
Actually this car was imported in 2007, from Germany.

The top is in VERY poor condition, and needs to be fixed, i found a few tops on ebay, anyone who know who makes the best tops to the vert?
And the electrical top up, top down function doesent work, is there any known issues on that? anyone with some ideas, on why it doesent work?
And off course the rear quarter window is stuck, so the car is not driveable in the rain.
The clusters light doesent seem to work either, but thats a small problem, and is most likely a light bulp or something.

My plans about this:

Full leather interiour
RB25DET swap + MANUAL transmission (That auto sucks, and especially with all the problems it comes with)
Bodykit + Widebodykit
Some Coilovers
Big deep dish rims
And all the other small things that comes along the way!

Judas
Car: 240sx convertible air ride / Toyota Supra MKIV TT manual

Hello from Finland. I have heard that there is one vert in sweden, now it´s confirmed :yesnod

here we have two registered 240sx convertibles, black and white. I have black with air suspension. My girlfriend has white ;) I know that here is third too, but it´s unregistered and really bad shape... Here is two s13 silvia convertibles too, also black and white.

My vert :

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Judas wrote:Hello from Finland. I have heard that there is one vert in sweden, now it´s confirmed :yesnod

here we have two registered 240sx convertibles, black and white. I have black with air suspension. My girlfriend has white ;) I know that here is third too, but it´s unregistered and really bad shape... Here is two s13 silvia convertibles too, also black and white.

My vert :

So three in Finland?! Awesome!
One in Sweden.
One in Germany
One in Holland.

You guys need to get together and have a 240sx 'vert meet! Maybe in Sweden or Denmark. Though it's probably a very long drive still from Finland. They must have a ferry between Helsinki and Stockholm right?

Schumann

Judas wrote:Hello from Finland. I have heard that there is one vert in sweden, now it´s confirmed :yesnod

My vert :
Thats a fine looking vert there .. Where did you find the air suspension? and how low can it go? That could be awesome instead of some coilovers !
- And PLEASE let me know if you hear of a vert for parting out, i really really need that rear quarter window assembly.

Schumann

Eikon wrote:

You guys need to get together and have a 240sx 'vert meet! Maybe in Sweden or Denmark. Though it's probably a very long drive still from Finland. They must have a ferry between Helsinki and Stockholm right?
Well, i live in the southern of Sweden .. I'm actually danish, but moved to Sweden because of the better car possibilities.
Denmark is the worst country in the world, if you like cars!
But when my vert is finished, i will definately come to all shows etc. in Sweden and Denmark!

Schumann

I really need a new top !

Just got a strut brace fitted. :bigthumb:

A little history of the car :dblthumb:

The only visible rust i could find, it looks so fresh and clean everywhere else! but i guess this is a common problem :gotme ?

My rear quarter window, thats not willing to come up, i had a friend look at it, and he said that the whole frame was crooked?, so i guess i just cant apply new guides, but i need a whole new window assembly!

Anybody who can help with the part is my hero!

This is a weird switch, really dont know what its for :confused: ? It lights up when i turn on the long light, and i cant seem to find out what the use of it is?

And here's the last picture of the day, a picture of the interiour, looks clean to me :)

I'll keep y'all updated when i get further in the process. The car will still be driving for a month, so it's not the big things i will be doing yet.
:wavey:
Hope you like it .

Genpac
Car: '93 240sx RB20DET 'vert

That switch is obviously not from the factory and was added somewhere along it's life. Trace the wires and you'll probably find out what it controls. It's good to see a 'Vert with the door panels intact! Mine were so bad I just swapped coupe doors and relocated the seatbelt mechanism.
When's the manual conversion?

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

My first guess on that switch would be fog lights, maybe they were removed (look for screw holes/wires).

Schumann

Genpac wrote:That switch is obviously not from the factory and was added somewhere along it's life. Trace the wires and you'll probably find out what it controls. It's good to see a 'Vert with the door panels intact! Mine were so bad I just swapped coupe doors and relocated the seatbelt mechanism.
When's the manual conversion?
The manual conversion comes along with the RB swap .. Dont know excactly when that is, but its gonna be after i'm done with the bodywork.
Yes the door panels are actually pretty good .. All they need is some leather insted of that old looking fabric ! Then they whould be almost as good as new !

I will try to locate the wiress and see where they take me!

And actually i got another problem with my cluster light .. When the lights are off, the clock is lighting up .. but when i turn the lights on, the clocks stop lighting up? (And nothing actually lights up?)
I read somewhere that i could be a fuse under the hood, some 75a fuse.. i checked it, and yes it was blown!, i changed it.. and then .. Nothing ..
My cluster lights simply wont turn on :( , Any ideas?

biggie

Make sure to adjust the dimmer as high as it will go (the dimmer is beside that unknown switch).

If they aren't actually turning on, then the TCU (Timming Control Unit) may be blown. Its a little white box in the driver's side kick panel just below and back of the fuse section.

Schumann

My last car was actually a 200sx s13, so i'm a little familliar with the chassis, dash etc.
So it must be that TCU.
The 200sx is actually just standing in my driveway for parting out, so it must also have this TCU. I will check up on that tomorrow !
It could be awesome to see how fast i'm driving in the night time ! :bigthumb:

biggie

The TCU is usually fried when crossing a couple wires some where, most of the time during a radio install or something. I've fried mine that way before.

The TCU looks like this:

Schumann

Okey, looked at it today ... but the TCU is not the same in my 200sx, it's a black box, with a different harness connector..
Is it possible to check if the TCU is malfunctioning? or should i just get a new one, and hope it works?

biggie

If you think it is possible that some wires may have been crossed (any kind of electrical part installed that it could have happened), then yeah I'd see if you could find a cheap one somewhere and swap them.

77S30
Car: 1977 280Z

welcome to the forum! Great looking vert ! You ever hear of a guy over there they call MULL? he is building one hell of a RB26 280Z.. did a while like of awesome videos of the resto mod. He would be a great guy to hook up with as his skills are very good.

Schumann

Just bought 2 TCU's fom Ebay, got them both for 1,98 $. The seller says that he has tested them in his car, and they should be fully working! So i'm just hoping thats true !
77S30 wrote:welcome to the forum! Great looking vert ! You ever hear of a guy over there they call MULL? he is building one hell of a RB26 280Z.. did a while like of awesome videos of the resto mod. He would be a great guy to hook up with as his skills are very good.
Thanks alot! Never heard of him actually. But i'm gonna get help from a guy in Denmark, who is building a 200sx s13, with RB30DET/RB34DET.
But i will keep an eye out for that MULL, it's never bad to have all the help you can get!

77S30
Car: 1977 280Z

If you wanted to reach out to him I think you can hit him up here.
http://www.mull.tk/

If anyone wants to check out all the Z build videos go to the mull.TK site and click on video's and then Project HUGO.
I hope the TCU's fix your issue.

Schumann

Just a question to you guys!
I want a freakin tight wheel fitment. and have looked at this pictures for hours soon :biggrin:

What would you guys say those front fenders are? 40mm ?
And what about the wheels? 19" back, and 18" in front?
- I have NO idea about wheel fitment ! :frown:
What size rims should i get for a +50mm rear fender and +40mm front fenders?

biggie

Probably 30mm over on front.

Would most likely need 5 lug conversion.

Then would be looking for wheels around 10" wide and somewhere around 0 offset.

Schumann

Just got the TCU's with the mail yesterday, and ;

Problem is solved!

Thanks alot for the help biggie. :bigthumb:

The next step, is to strip down the engine bay, and i will begin to do this on Sunday, pics will be posted!
And actually i'm beginning to consider an SR20 instead of the RB25 :confused:

Judas
Car: 240sx convertible air ride / Toyota Supra MKIV TT manual

Schumann wrote:
Thats a fine looking vert there .. Where did you find the air suspension? and how low can it go? That could be awesome instead of some coilovers !
- And PLEASE let me know if you hear of a vert for parting out, i really really need that rear quarter window assembly.
Air suspension is a bolt on kit from D2, from http://www.race.fi. I´ve had it for three years now.

vert for parting in europe? I think thats not going to happen any time soon :biggrin:

as low as it gets:
http://tase2.kuvat.fi/kuvat/DNSF%20P%E4 ... 9.JPG/full

Schumann

So late reply from my side ! Sorry guys !
I faced some big economic problems after my last updates, and haven been able to spend a dime on the convertible, actually it have been hard not to be forced to sell it, due to the conditions.
But i did my best to keep it, and i kept it. :dblthumb:

The latest things that happened that i didnt post, was that i got the rear quarter windows from a guy here (findes his username later and give him the full credits)

And then i have begun to pull the front of the car apart.
Have decided for an SR20DET engine swap, due to my budget.

Hope you guys still want to follow this, though the many next updates will be of things that are almost free to do! (Here i also want you to feel free to come with any ideas and inputs.)
I have not lost hope in this project, but due to everything its gonna take some time, but i have all the time in the world.

That's it for now ! i have some more pictures off the process that i hopefully will post in the next day or two.

br007
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx Convertible SE

Great pick up on the car. The rust above the rear view mirror is definitely common. It's a flaw in the conversion fitment/design. I have the issue as well.
My time control unit went out as well. Ordered a new one from a dealership and it was defective and the dealership refused to take it back, plus there was apparently no more available in the US. I had to called Nissan north America customer service to escalate the issue. They sourced one for me from Japan and exchanged it for the defective unit. I couldn't find any used ones at the time.

I particularly like the rims.....:dblthumb:

pettan
Car: Nissan 240 sc conv

Hello !
Peter from Sweden here 1 Damn I thought i had the only conv over here bu i guess not 1 ;)
Since this is afairly old thread in might be inactive but still, contact me if you still have the car here in Sweden !
[email protected]
Cheers !

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”