Sway Bar Knowledge

All things Altima Coupe.
fourwhls
Car: ???

I've been doing a bit of research trying to find a rear sway bar for my newly acquired 2012 Altima Coupe. I'm trying to set the car up to autocross, so I'm looking for a rear sway bar in the 25-27mm range. Having some adjustment available would be ideal, but it doesn't appear anything like that exists for this car.

The Stillen bar is not big enough.

The Racingline bar used to be the go to solution, but they are no longer in business and I have not been able to find any used ones for sale.

From what I've read, I've learned....

Our cars come with a 18mm rear bar.
The 09-15 Maxima bar is a direct bolt on and is 21mm.

Does the 5th gen Altima rear bar fit a 4th gen? If so, the 8th gen Maxima bar would be the easy button.

Any other options out there that I haven't found yet?

Thanks in Advance!

Shawn

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I know for sure the gen5 sedan used a different bar, and that's the bar configuration that can steal from the gen8 Max (I put one on our '13 sedan). If a Stillen won't do you then you might be out of luck, but you might want to see if Stillen has spring characteristic info for their bar versus the OE. Diameter isn't everything, temper type and depth also greatly affect the torsional modulus (twisting resistance without deformation, as opposed to modulus of elasticity which is ultimate resistance to yielding). Bars (or any torsion spring) are always a compromise between force and brittleness, and it's entirely possible a Stillen is slightly more brittle but with a much stronger torsional modulus. If so, it will be stiffer without being bigger.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”