Swapping 2nd gen Rogue head units to get latest features

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
thinkpad4by3
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue
2018 Chevy Volt

For those also working on it: this is how I created my harness

https://imgur.com/a/S0KTYTx

1) Got the connectors from a 2018 Radio I bought. If you cannot find the 40 pin and 20 pin attached to the radio already, I got 2nd ones.
40pin: Murano/Rogue instrument clusters have a few of the 40 pins behind there. I took the one going into a Murano cluster....however the BCM also has some which is located directly behind it.

20pin: The 20 pin radio connector can be found from pretty much any Nissan radio, just be aware that the newer radios fill pin 20 for GND....old ones don't. Look for a connector with pin 20 filled OR get two connectors. I got my connectors from pick n' pull.

2) For the 20 and 24 and 8 pin on the 17 Rogue side:

20pin: get the upgraded Metra 70-7552 harness....it has a few extra wires for steering wheel buttons. You'll need the extra pins

24pin: I used macgyver's trick of the Axxess-TOYCAM3 harness. Works fine.

8pin: Ordered from digikey. Can get just the shell....and fill with the pins taken out on the 24pin. It's easiest to find it by the Toyota P/N not the Nissan one but it's the same connector. Will put the actual order p/n here later.

Now I depinned and reconfigured all these connectors to match what was needed. FSM shows connectors from the RADIO MALE SIDE, so be aware that female connectors looking at the back side of them. The 20 and 40 pin connectors are pretty easy to disassemble, the front part of them slides off and then the 20 pin the locking bar pulls up and the 40 pin you stick a screwdriver on the tab in the back till it clicks, then pull the entire tab towards the back of the connector and it pivots up. Then use a jewelers screwdriver to remove the pins. Same works for the male connectors but you need to use a bobby pin and it's more difficult.

Other than that, measure wire lengths appropriately, and I spliced soldered and heatshrinked the wires but feel free to use whatever method you want.

Working on finding a new '18 radio and bolting it in my Rogue.

Return to “Rogue Forum”