Swap out Nissan emblem on 2009 Murano with an Infiniti Emblem?

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
MuranoEggman
Car: 2009 MURANO LE AWD W/NAV and INVISION DUEL HEADREST DVDs

I want to replace the Nissan Emblem on the rear and front grill on my 2009 Nissan Muarno LE with an Infiniti emblem. I would also like to replace the Nissan Logo on the steering wheel as well with an Infiniti emblem. I am not sure if the emblems from an FX or EX or the such would work. Not really sure how to go about this project.

I am located in the Washington DC area. Does anyone know of a place that could do this type of custom modification?

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Infinitiguy19
Car: 1993 Infiniti Q45 188580 Miles
1994 Infiniti Q45a 240000 Miles

So you just want to fool people into think Infiniti made a brand new car that looks like a 2009 Nissan Murano?

J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

Sorry, but if I saw this on the road I would have to laugh at you.

I don't mean to be rude but this mod is just not a good idea. This ranks up there with those stupid side vents people keep sticking on Grand Marquis's.

But that is just my $0.02. If you are dead set on doing it just order it from the dealership. I am sure they can get you what you need.

nuck

MuranoEggman wrote:I want to replace the Nissan Emblem on the rear and front grill on my 2009 Nissan Muarno LE with an Infiniti emblem. I would also like to replace the Nissan Logo on the steering wheel as well with an Infiniti emblem. I am not sure if the emblems from an FX or EX or the such would work. Not really sure how to go about this project.

I am located in the Washington DC area. Does anyone know of a place that could do this type of custom modification?

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.
That's a different idea. You have to start with the basic comparison. Body badges are easy but the grill emblems wiould be shaped differently. I have never checked to see if the grill badge even unbolts. If it does, then its simple although you would probably still need to remove the Murano grill to modify the emblem slot for the Infinity badge. If the emblem is a unit, you need to get a scrap FX grill, cut out the badge, and again modify the Murano grill to accept it.

Modified by nuck at 9:11 AM 4/2/2010
Modified by nuck at 9:35 AM 4/2/2010

MuranoEggman
Car: 2009 MURANO LE AWD W/NAV and INVISION DUEL HEADREST DVDs

obviously i am not the first person to do this: http://pandora-inc.com/aero/nissan/DSCF0679.JPG

Thorshammer
Car: FX35

I say make machine your ownIf you like that logo better you should use it, It would definately make people take a double take.

I think the rear may be easier changd than the front unless you use a rear logo to replace the front. The front logos on Infinitis are a molded part of the grill.

I would go a step further and invert the logo ( turn it upside down ).I would like to see the end result.

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

Don't do it! You will just make yourself look like a poor sap that's upset he couldn't afford an Infiniti EX/FX. Sport your Nissan proudly!

The idea of replacing an Acura Badge with a Honda badge on the likes of a TL, RL etc, makes more sense because of the history Acura plays in NA.

J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

Ok sorry you would make the second person I would laugh at. Still looks fulgy to me but if you want to do it then go for it. I am all about making your car your own, this particular idea just seems a bit extreme on the waste of time and money scale but what do I know......

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”