Suspension

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
BlackBirdVQ
Car: 93 G20, 94 Q45, 00 Altima, 01 Maxima- quite a few

Being new to the G50, I am thinking bout lowering my Q. I currently have a very stiff riding Maxima that I road race and I would like to lower the Q and get some diff wheels for it.

I can't find any lowering springs for it, are there ANY out there ? I noticed one online store was selling Eibachs, uppon sending them a msg if they are avalible cause I heard they where no longer made- they replied saying I was right and they can't get them no more.

What should I get ? I plan on possibly getting some G35c wheels to make the car look a little better than these dinky chrome dubs it came with.

Rex
Car: None

Look for a thread Wes (elwesso) has concerning some California springs.

Also, 300ZX (Z32) springs can work, but (from what I understand) require some modification to the rubber?? I have a set of these I bought, then got a great deal on Blues and springs, so I never used them.

There's a few threads, try a search for "springs" in the body of the posts.

Here's a few

zerothread?id=134432http://forums.nicoc ... ?id=124899

Rex

BlackBirdVQ wrote:... I plan on possibly getting some G35c wheels to make the car look a little better than these dinky chrome dubs it came with.
I recently had and sold some G35C 17's. They did make a big difference in updating the look of the car. The one thing I noticed with them on is a slight rub as the suspensions traveled towards "bottom". With lowering springs (which I haven't installed yet) they may be more likely to rub. Fender rolling may help, but I'd suggest looking at a few other options. I now have the 350Z 18" Track wheels (yes, I copied Wes) and they by all calcs (width and offsets) should rub, but don't???

Sorry, all that may not help or make any sense, but I'm trying to do 2 things at once .

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Z32 springs just wont work despite popular opinion.. Dont waste your time... Let me know about teh springs I can hook you up..... Dont bother, get the cal customs and your car will look like this...

You can run 245s in the front and 265s in the rear (with G35 coupe or 350Z tracks) but youll want to roll the fenders... It may still rub a little bit but i wouldnt worry about it.....

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Rolling the fenders on a G50 looks tougher beause of the multiplane detail in the wheel arch exterior shape. Has anyone done it?
Modified by maxnix at 1:18 PM 9/23/2005

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

maxnix wrote:Rooling the fenders on a G50 looks tougher beause of the multiplane detail in the wheel arch exterior shape. Has anyone done it?
Uhh I have...

You just bend that inner lip, thats all... It gives that extra cm or so of clearance...

Id personally just recommend getting the right offset to start out with.

Rex

maxnix wrote:Rooling the fenders on a G50 looks tougher beause of the multiplane detail in the wheel arch exterior shape. Has anyone done it?
The rolling that 's being referred to above is mild/inner lip rolling, not the big time stuff like in the one VIP thread. That will take real body man skillz .

maxnix
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Rex wrote:The rolling that 's being referred to above is mild/inner lip rolling, not the big time stuff like in the one VIP thread. That will take real body man skillz .
Yeah, that was what I was thinking.

So we know the forged Ray's track track wheels are too positive in offset?
Modified by maxnix at 1:46 PM 9/23/2005

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

maxnix wrote:Yeah, that was what I was thinking.

Modified by maxnix at 1:46 PM 9/23/2005
Theyll be fine as long as you run the 225s and 245s respectively... Finding 225s in 95 load rating can be tough but it can be done.

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

elwesso wrote:Theyll be fine as long as you run the 225s and 245s respectively... Finding 225s in 95 load rating can be tough but it can be done.
Hell I think you could get 235 and 245 front and rear respectively... If it just barely rubs you could increase your negative camber just a touch...

Hell maybe even a 225-50-18 woudl work?

Rex

maxnix wrote:Yeah, that was what I was thinking.

I would not say they have too much positive offset. Wes is only rubbing slightly (if at all) in the rear where he's sporting 265's, IIRC. The front's do not rub with the 225/45's (Cont SportContact & Nitto's meet load requirement), and I think a 235/50 will be fine as well. The 245/45 up front may require a slight inner lip rolling, but that may only be necessary on a lowered car.

Ideally, as I stated in another thread would be to get 4 of the 350Z Track rear wheels (18x8.5 33 offset) and run 245/45's all around.

Also, IIRC, the Rays Eng 350Z Track 18's are ~18lbs . Get you some.

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

actually this may sound really stupid (Brian youll love this I know), but the very side of the tire just has a little scrape in it... it rubbed worse at first but then it stopped once it wore off a little bit of rubber... You woudlnt even know that anything took place... BTW mine only rubs on the drivers side unless its a REALLY big bump and i got a bunch of stuff in the car..... It actually just rubs in a little area where they didnt roll it enough, i will take a rubber mallet to it and fix that up... Its not a big deal at all, it just kinda sounds like someone is taking a bite out of the tire .. Its really not hurting the tire... Id like to try 245s up front sometime.....

Just to let everyone know, you would ****NOT**** want to go wtih the 8.5s all around, because the wheel will stick out 3mm more and I think with running 235s or 245s your going to want to have that extra leeway..... besdies you can still mount 245s safely on a 8in wide wheel... IM running 265s on an 8.5 and its still "fine"..

Id say with 255s though youd be OK... Remember that with lowered cars comes more camber gain, so really it doesnt matter if the car is lowered or not.....

actually the forged rays are 17lbs each... or something crazy, i know they weigh less than their size, or at least not more.......

BlackBirdVQ
Car: 93 G20, 94 Q45, 00 Altima, 01 Maxima- quite a few

Cal Customs ? How much are they ? I am really diggn the way the track wheels look on that Q. They look like the belong on that car. People on maxima.org run Z wheels and G wheels all the time, but I personally dont like the way they look on a Maxima, plus they are kinda heavy.

I have a set of Enkei RPO1s 17x8 with 38mm offset on my Max that I refuse to sell, but I am thinking of putting them on the Q and getting some SSR Competitions for the Max.

I will take some pictures of the car tomorrow after I clean my fuggly chrome aftermarket wheels it came with- 16s.

Rex

elwesso wrote:... Just to let everyone know, you would ****NOT**** want to go wtih the 8.5s all around, because the wheel will stick out 3mm more and I think with running 235s or 245s your going to want to have that extra leeway..... besdies you can still mount 245s safely on a 8in wide wheel... IM running 265s on an 8.5 and its still "fine"..

Id say with 255s though youd be OK... Remember that with lowered cars comes more camber gain, so really it doesnt matter if the car is lowered or not ...
elwesso wrote:... What im saying, lets run 245s or 255s all aroud, on the 8s and 8.5s, and just rotate those... it may "feel" stupid, but no one would ever know!!
Which one is it??
elwesso wrote:... actually the forged rays are 17lbs each... or something crazy, i know they weigh less than their size, or at least not more.......
This is consistent with what I've found.
rsiwicki wrote:found on another forum the weights

350Z 17" = 23.5lbs350Z 18" = 26.5lbsRays = 18.5lbsG35 18" Coupe = 23.5lbs
BlackBirdVQ wrote:Cal Customs ? How much are they ? I am really diggn the way the track wheels look on that Q. They look like the belong on that car. People on maxima.org run Z wheels and G wheels all the time, but I personally dont like the way they look on a Maxima, plus they are kinda heavy.

I have a set of Enkei RPO1s 17x8 with 38mm offset on my Max that I refuse to sell, but I am thinking of putting them on the Q and getting some SSR Competitions for the Max.

I will take some pictures of the car tomorrow after I clean my fuggly chrome aftermarket wheels it came with- 16s.
Wes, has/had a hook-up on the Cal Customs, there's a few threads or just email him.

Those Enkei's should be good, and would allow you to run 245/45/17's which aloow for several tire choices.

The Rays/Track wheels are very nice, and allow for a nice updated flush look .

maxnix
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Thanks for the information, Wes. Very valuable.

Have any close up shots of the sidewall that hits? You replaced the rear upuper arms also, did you not? Thanks.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”