Suspension questions

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
Mr.Rogue

Quick question regarding lowering my Z. I've been looking at quite a few threads and need some clarification. I know if I want to lower by springs I should swap out the shocks of course to avoid excess wear on them and with that I will need extra suspension components such as upper control arms to properly align the wheels. What I don't understand is if I were to go with coilovers that have an adjustable pillowball mount such as the Tein Flex Z coilovers would I still need these extra components for a proper alignment? The description on these parts seem to suggest I don't but I hear different things from the forums. I don't need a race car or anything slammed, I just want to drop the car an inch or 2 and replace the worn out stock suspension that came with the car. Also stock suspension reminds of one other thing - I have the factory adjustable suspension in my car but I'm 90% sure it doesn't work anymore since the suspension feels like s*** with it in either position. Is there a way to test whether this feature is working?

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”