suspension questions! (hey! that rhymes!) 95 se rear stabilizer bar

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
ESPER

is that the same as having a rear STB ? also could somebody help give me the breakdown as to what goes into modifying the suspension of a car. i am new to this stuff! for example i want to lower my car but how does that affect performance? and waht about adjustable suspension/struts and shocks? all help is appreciated thanks!

MaineExport
Car: Quad racing, import cars and Trucks. Hunting, fishing whatever.

The rear anti-sway bar is what you are refering to on the SE. A STB is a Strut Tower Brace (or bar). There are several after-market options for both.... but only the anti-sway bar can be stock.

Anti-sway bar: Links both sides of the front or rear suspension by attaching at two points on the frame, and one point on either A-arm of the suspension. Basically, as weight is shifted to one side during cornering, it doesn't allow that side of the suspension to travel independantly without pulling the other side up a little as well. The stiffer the bar, the tighter the cornering. Reduces body roll.

STB: links the top or bottom of the struts to add rigidity and keep them in place during cornering. The stiffer the chassis, the more the suspension can do it's job properly.

king240

I've seen a 95 240sx se come in our shop that didn't even come with a rear swaybar! front only, these years nissan was really starting to cut back.

ESPER

one more thing! where is the rear anti-sway bar located? how can icheck it out? thanks! <~~~Newbie

MaineExport
Car: Quad racing, import cars and Trucks. Hunting, fishing whatever.

It's behind the rear suspension I believe. It's just a bar that goes across the width of the suspension, attached to the lower A-arms and to two points on the frame. Should be sort of a stretched out "U" shape: \_______/

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

Has anyone put a rear strut tower bar on 95-up, because I would think it requires relocation of the speakers, since they are directly above the strut towers. Thats one of the next things I want to do.

ash1y1
Car: Cars, Gadgets & Gizmos, Computers, Health, Travel

I hope someone can help me. I have problems with my 95sx SE and swaying. If I hit a bump while the stearing wheel is turned to either side (turning the car or changing lanes), the cars seems to sway side to side a bit too much and then resume it's normal alignment. What can I do to fix this swaying problem?

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”