suspension question

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
terminus2k
Car: Cars

im new, and i was wondering if anyone is running this setup on their car..preferably a s14. some tokico blues with eibach sportlines, or pro-kits. and also do you have any other suggestions as to what to get. and also do you have to buy anything to adjust the camber..i think i read that somewhere but im not sureThanks

I H8 UR DSM

thats a good combo.

prokits dont drop your car too much, you wont need a camber kit, i dont think

kyb agx's are also a decent option.

when you try to align the car, youll know if you need camber kit or not.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Yeah, wait until the alignment to see if you need the camber correction kit. I bought it and didn't need it after the drop(for some reason mine already had one on there?). But I still have a lil negative camber in the rear--which isn't causing any problems. I've got KYB GR-2s they are about the same as stock, just a lil stiffer. I plan on getting the AGXs for at least the front.

S14 Stud

ok first of all, they don't make AGX for s14's as far as I am concerned.

and second of all, I know a guy that had -2 camber because of prokit springs.

and in my opinion, go with prokit for the springs. True it doesn't drop the car as much, but if you go with sport lines and planning on getting exhaust, maybe something like Apexi then you are screwed, because you'll be scraping that thing like no other.

This guy had sport lines on his s14 and it was so low that when he was driving on the highway and hit a dip in the road, the exhaust fell off because it was so low. And believe me, the car doesn't look bad at all with pro kit, especially after some 17's on it.

aleph1
Car: 1990 240SX hatch MODS: class.

I second that. Get pro-kits. Sportlines are for show mostly. Sure they perform, but for a daily driver, its not that good.

-2 camber cuz of prokits? Most people that have them report VERY minimal camber, not enough to have to adjust it.

Sucks that KYB doesnt make AGXs for S14s, your loss =)

JNM240
Car: 90 Coupe, 90 Hatch (CA18DET)

I like H&R Springs. They lowered my S13 1.25" and really make the car look good, handle good, and nothing scrapes the ground. There are other springs out there than Eibach, and ProKits are probably the SMALLEST ammount of lowering of any. Sprint and Intrax are some other springs that are good for our cars, although I think Intrax is like a 2" drop.

terminus2k
Car: Cars

they dont make agx's? i thought i read somewhere that they had some for the s14, or at least will be coming out with some soon.Oh well..since i cant get that, what strut would you recommend?

S14 Stud

they don't make the agx..not yet, and yes they are coming out, I believe in the next couple of months, my suggestion is just wait for those.

aleph1
Car: 1990 240SX hatch MODS: class.

JNM240 wrote:I like H&R Springs. They lowered my S13 1.25" and really make the car look good, handle good, and nothing scrapes the ground. There are other springs out there than Eibach, and ProKits are probably the SMALLEST ammount of lowering of any. Sprint and Intrax are some other springs that are good for our cars, although I think Intrax is like a 2" drop.
I never heard much about the H&Rs...glad to see SOMEONE uses them! SO! Any details? I was thinking about it, since I want something inbetween a prokit and sportlines, basically a LITTLE more than the prokits.

Nismo240sxt
Car: Autocross, working on cars, hanging out, etc...

I have Eibach Pro-Kit, and KYB AGXs(special ordered from Japan) on my 97 SE. I love this set up and I would recommend it to anyone. As this car is my DD, as well as my auto cross racer.

Josh

clearview

i have a 95 se with the pros and tokico blues, i did add a whiteline camber kit to stop wearing the inside of my rear tires.the setup is low enough for a daily driver.

Nismo_Freak
Car: 89 240SX

Intrax do lower the car like 2" ... they where on my car when I got them and I hate the ****ing rear camber, we are talking 3-4 degrees here. They dont bottom out very easily though ... they are on stock struts.

drifter
Car: Drifting, cars, etc.

Dude, go on eBay and try out the Dropzone springs...true, it's not name brand, but they have been working pretty damn well for my S14. They cost me about $120 shipped directly to my house, and they work well with the stock shocks/struts...you should try them.

JNM240
Car: 90 Coupe, 90 Hatch (CA18DET)

Im sorry, i've been foolishly away from the board recently. Yes, i like my H&R. Top quality. They are progressive rate, meaning they ride smooth over even pavement but work harder the more they have to. As far as looks, i DEFINATELY noticed a difference after they were installed. Not a super low down look like Intrax or Sportlines, but a look that says "hey i aint stock no more." Late last year i foolishly tried swapping them out for the ProKit (i have an S13) which fictiously listed the drop at 1.7", only to angrily discover they are actually .7". Back on went my 6 year old H&Rs! I'd post a pic, but i dont wanna until my brand new Borbet Type B wheels (16x7.5!!) arrive later this week.

Cam
Car: '98 240SX SE

I like my H&R's too. They dropped my S14 just the right amount, and they ride very well. Before & after:

YomnyM

what kind of H& R's are those? how much is the drop, looks good!

180fan
Car: 89 fastback

KYB does make the AGX for the s14. You can check out PDM, they've got them for 420 a set for the s13 or s14. Apparently one of the other members of NICO said they're a NICO member and talked their way to 500 dollar shipped with AGX and Sportlines.

WingsNThangs
Car: 91 240SX

91 S13, 205/60/R15 tires, Tokico HP and Eibach ProKit.

Lowers about 1". Zero loss in ride quality, zero harshness. Drastic handling improvement compared to stock suspension, immediately noticeable, body roll reduced considerably. Made me realize just how clumsy stock is. No problems with speed bumps or dips. I don't drive competitively but I enjoy spirited driving so these are perfect for me. It is the daily driver's performance suspension setup.

I got the shocks as a gift, the brand new springs cost me 180 shipped from a private party. Install takes a couple hours, I know a few tricks to make it easier (rear shocks).

If you want more info/pics, just contact me [email protected]

cory2081
Car: '07 350Z

I just bought a '96 240. I love it!! The car has some upgrades including H&R springs and Tokico blues. The car rides really good, smooth, and it isn't so low that it scrapes everything!! In fact, I have yet to scrape ANYTHING. I have noticed that the rear tires have quite a bit of negative camber. Looks like it is wearing the inside of the tires too. Is it pretty much a given that I will need a camber kit for the rear with this set up?? The previous owner told me it needed one, but, I don't know if he had the alignment checked or not. If I do need a kit, whats the best place to get it?? I'd recomend the H&R springs to anyone!!

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”