Suspension Parts question!?

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
Rs4racer

Hey guys I might get in the market for a 240sx with the main intent to race it. Not go in a straight line as quick as I can. I want to race auto cross. Right now Im doing research on what mods and everything to do to it. I know the sr20det is a good mod for power Ive preformed a swap with my brother in his x-car 89 240sx (rps13) he sold it But I want something similar But I want to focus on handling issues before I add power. So What aftermarket performance parts do you guys reccomend for a full suspension upgrade Perferable all adjustable Camber, Spring load, shocks, ride height ect.

I read most of the other posts but none seem to point me in the right direction. If you guys could give me some links with info that would help alot.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but someones got to ask the questions... Ive pretty much only seen motor questions and I know a good amount about motors.

looksLikeA240
Car: break dancing

It definately depens on what class you plan on racing in. Some of the more stock classes won't aloow spring upgrades. You can upgrade as much as you want in street modified class. Just remember the cars get faster in the more modified classes, so choose wisely. For instance, If did springs first without any other mods, you would be at a large disadvantage to others who have more mods as well as springs in the more advanced class. As far as what set ups are good. There are so many parts available. My roomate and I are both auto x ing our CA18det powered 240's this year. We both have the tein HE coilovers. They are stock set up for drifting, but we set everything a lot less stiff for the auto X. They run around 1300 dollars, but they allow you to adjust camber, spring rate, damper, rideheight. Fully adjustable true coilovers. A crowd Fav at auto x's are the eibach spring/ adjustable strut combo. A bit cheaper but not adjustable. Definately to ones advantage if they don't know or want to spend time on suspesion tuning. It takes lots of paitence to achieve the perfect settings on a fully adjustable set up. LSD's are nice too. Finally IMO, the most important things that are overlooked are the rear sway bar, and a full bushing kit for the car. Both are cheap, although the bushings can be a long pain in the a**. Whiteline makes a great swaybar. http://www.mofugas.com carry's whiteline, as well as other suspesion companies. http://www.forcefedindustries.com is our shop in columbus, we can also order you what ever you please, except we don't have online ordering, so long distant. sorry. good luck

SpeedRacer1
Car: 1990 240SX, G35

http://www.tein.com/ or http://www.tein.co.jpThe advantage of Teins over other companies coilovers like HKS or ApexI is that suspensions are the only thing Tein works with. So they can concentrate on what they are best at. While the other companies just have a department for suspension.

ESPER

well this is sa good forum too bad not too many posted! :rolleyes

but yeah lookslikea240 you said your car is setup to drift! could you tell me if i am able to drift with the eibach/strut combo. and what parts specifically go into that combo?

thanks!

SWIFT_DRIFT

ESPER, you don't need springs or struts to drift. You need an LSD to drift...the springs and struts will improve your ride quality/height, they won't magically make you drift.

looksLikeA240
Car: break dancing

yeah.. you can drift with one stock if you like. The lsd helps tons and tons. makes things smooth. I just set mine up for very stiff rear which makes it easier for me to break tires loose

Rs4racer

hey thanks.. the night i posted this i was looking at the teins and i think they look pretty good. do you guys know any other companies that make similar combos?

oh yah and for drifting you really do need a lsd. my brother with his 240 he could pretty much drift only in the rain. but then he picked up an ae86 (86 corolla gts) which has lsd on it and even though it had about half the power of his 240 it drifted way better. with stock suspension and all. tons of fun even if your the passenge

slw240sx
Car: 1990 Ca18det 240sx Hatch

looksLikeA240, hey your in columbus ???? an that shop do you own or just work there force fed industries, i recently lived up there for like 4monthes just moved to dayton again, but i looked an drove around looking for your shop but never found it ,only shop i found was on wilson ,ghetto one at that, extreme autosport the only thing that intrested me about them was the red top in the back sitting waiting for a transplant but i assume they went under because after the first day i went there i never saw them again! but any way im looking for some 240 people im doing a swap here in next few monthes my im is sidefxs1, email [email protected] please leave me an email adress or IM so we can discuss some busness !!!!!!!! Jon

S13Drifter

looksLikeA240 wrote:It definately depens on what class you plan on racing in. Some of the more stock classes won't aloow spring upgrades.

If you do just go with lowering springs and shocks you can race in the STS class. That is the class i plan to run in next summer. Check this out

http://www.scca.com/amateur/so....html

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”