Suspension news!!!

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
justmerging
Car: 07 Versa SL w/CVT Cuz I'm lazy

To all who are interested in getting suspension for their V.

I am not sure of the legal aspects of any of this yet so the company shall remain nameless at this point.

What I can tell you is that a major suspension manufacturer is going to use my V as their test mule to develop lowering springs to work with the ripple control shocks. My car is getting dropped off on Mon for 2 days of measurement. From there they will begin the engineering process for the production lowering springs. They quoted me approximately 30 days from Wed (the 13th) until the new springs would be completed. That means we could have springs by Christmas.

I am unsure of when they will be released to the public but I can't imagine it will be too long after that if not the same day they install mine.

I just thought I would share with everyone. I've been trying to get a few companies on board with modifying the V and have had very few responses so I just thought I would share the good news. I will keep everyone updated as I find out more information and there will be before and after pics once they come into production.

Stay tuned

Elmojo
Car: 2007 Versa SL

Sounds interesting!Are they planning to sell shocks/struts also, or just the springs?How much lowering are we talkin' here?I wouldn't mind dropping my V enough to stiffen up the ride and improve the handling a bit, maybe an inch or so, but I already have trouble on speed bumps! I'm guessing they might have several lengths to choose from?

Keep us posted, and good work!

Kegard
Car: 1.8SL CVT

That would be great! I think the V would look really good lowered an inch or so.

justmerging
Car: 07 Versa SL w/CVT Cuz I'm lazy

Only a couple mre days before the Versa goes in?

From what I understand they will only be starting with basic lowering springs at about an inch or so. I suppose if there seems to be a big enough demand for it they will make an additional kit to lower it more. I've used their springs on my s13 for awhile now. Based on this experience I can't imagine the spring rates are gonna be too much harsher than stock. When I take the car in on Monday I will make it a point to ask them about other susp. related items. I will also ask them if I can officially put the word out. I have a feeling nobody will be dissappointed.

P.S. I have their "sportline" springs on my s13. Just google it and you can figure out who I'm talking about.

Return to “Versa General Chat”