Suspension, GAR!

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

Yeah, this **** is expensive and it's pissing me off (note the *'s).

Anyways, I'm looking for Koni Yellows for a B15. Those will be mated with H&R Sports.

The lowest prices I've seen are as follows:Yellows: $534.80 (shipped) at Shox.comH&Rs: $191 + shipping at Tirerack

Any ideas guys? That totals out to somewhere around $725, plus installation (or can one do this without a spring compressor?).

This is research for my summer mods, exhaust and springs/shocks. Any other ideas on combos (though I don't think any other company makes performance shocks for my car) would be GREATLY appreciated.

OneFastStanza
Car: '02 SE-R Spec V, '92 Stanza, '97 Maxima, '04 Vue Redline. '04 F250

To mount the springs you will need a spring compressor but you can rent those for free at places like Autozone. Otherwise your top mounts will go shooting across the garage as well as the damper and you better hope to hell you aren't in the way.

For that price I would go ahead and spend a little more coin and go with full coilovers. You can get the JIC A1s for under 1G and you can prolly get the Tein SSs also for a little under 1G.

nametakennow

Where can I get the FLT A1s for under a grand? Their site lists them at $11-1200ish... Those are my ultimate goal...

OneFastStanza

B15Sentra.net had a GB for them a little while ago and I think some people are selling theirs they are receiving (they haven't been shipped out yet). If you look in the classified section of that board you will see some people selling them (I know I have seen at least a couple in the last month).

That and you can always get stuff cheaper from companies you just have to talk to them.

nametakennow

I didn't know many guys were selling their slots for A1s on B15sentra. I saw an ad, maybe two, for that slot... hmmm... I'll see if I can scrape together the cash ASAP.

Elaborate on this concept of "talking" to companies, I though their list price was final...

OneFastStanza

Lol just sweet talk them on the phone. When they tell you a price tell them that blah blah blah has the same product for $$$ (lower than the cost they are giving them to you) and you can usually finesse something lower than what they are asking. A business works on making a margin off a product and every product makes various amounts of money (margins) based on how much they are marked up. It really depends on how tight they are about their prices but they will be making money off of you either way so it is your objective to get closer to their cost. Like I said pit them against other companies prices and just talk to the person. You can generally save a little money that way but not necessarily always either.

nametakennow

I would think they'd give me the "the FLT-A1 is far superior to the TEIN Basic and here's why" spiel... I guess I could be wrong.

OneFastStanza

It never hurts to try :)

And the JICs are far superior to the Tein Basics IMO ;)

nametakennow

I know, and that's why I predict they'll say that.

A poor man will do desperate things to save a few $'s.

OneFastStanza

You may want to sit and wait and see what the deal is with the K Sport coilovers. They say that have some for the B15 and they will only be around $600. If those end up panning out I will likely switch over to those although there is a post on B15Sentra.net where some shop is dishing some JIC FLT-A2s for $1450 which is cheap for those.

nametakennow

Getting exhaust first, so I'll keep my eye out for the K-Sports... got a link for that? (Yeah, I'm kinda lazy today)

nametakennow

Right, so now I'm kinda pissed again... http://www.nissaninfiniticlub....56575

yes, 00+ fitment is listed at, yes, $600, an amount I can have by mid-late June, if not sooner... damn group buys and their crappy timing.

Make that really pissed.

Life hates me.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”