suspension dips when accelerating or decelerating.

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
seaquest7

I have a 96 4WD Pathfinder and the right front suspension dips severely when I accelerate or decelerate while cruising on a straight road at a steady speed. The struts & shocks are only 1 year old and seem to be working well. I have a diagram of the front & rear suspension, (attached) but I’m not sure where to start looking. Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks
Modified by seaquest7 at 9:15 AM 1/1/2006

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

explain "dips"...

when accelerating does it squat? (the back goes down excessively) or does the entire car "dip"?

Same for baking, is it plowing/diving (where the front end tips downward too much) or is it the entire chassis?

-Chet

seaquest7

When you remove your foot from the gas while cruising along at a steady speed, say 50 mph (not hitting the brake) the right front momentarily dips down like it would if a 200lb person were to stand on the right front bumper, and the truck moves (pulls) to the right. Under the same circumstances i.e. steady speed, straight road, when you moderately hit the gas, the truck doesn’t seem to dip but it still pulls to the right. If you alternate between applying the gas and coasting, the truck will rock violently left and right and the front end will swerve to the right then the left, and seems to get worse (go further left & right) until you hit the brakes. I believe the left / right oscillation would continue to worsen to the point where you would lose control.

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

sounds like a peice of the front suspension is whacked..start checking bushings and such...

-Chet

MarcoPolo
Car: 2002 Nissan Infinity QX4 2wd

I'm having the same problem with my car now. Did you ever figure out what was wrong with it?

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”