Survey--- need responses for class assignment

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Hey all, I need help from everyone on doing this survey. Its for an English assignment that my ENC 1102 (English II) professor assigned to us, and wants at least 100 responses, and the topic I chose was about how much knowledge the general public (people ages from 18 and older) have about health care and medicine. As of right now, with 200 students from FIU (the university I am going to) I only got 12 responses, including my medical fraternity. Would be nice of you all to help me out! All of your responses are kept anonymous, so I am not able to know who selected what or typed anything. This survey should take about 5 minutes of your time. Also, I would appreciate on what I can do to improve on my next survey(s).

https://bit.ly/2PNdpKI

Update: So far I got 27 responses as of 11:21 am on Novmber 1st, 2018.
Last edited by datechboss101 on Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Done.

EdBwoy

Done! Quick and easy

I don't know how many responses you've gotten by now... I remember a communications course that taught us to get better survey participation when you add details like these:
1. Approx time to complete it (I was done in less than 5 minutes)
2. Anonymity.
3. Purpose/what is the data used for. (If applicable, I understood this to be an assignment that you just needed responses for)

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Done.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Done. A little annoyed that one question was lacking a standard answer to choose from. Almost seemed biased.

datechboss101

Rogue One wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:05 pm
Done. A little annoyed that one question was lacking a standard answer to choose from. Almost seemed biased.
Thank you sir. What question(s) seemed biased? This is my first survey that I actually made, and had at least 5 people look over it (even my english professor).

Input would be great so I can make my next survey better.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

The sexual orientation question.

Choices are:
Heterosexual
Bisexual
Transgender
Other

Gay/Lesbian falls under Other? Seriously?
Gender dysphoria (transgender) is not an orientation.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

I agree with Rogue. Gays are numerous enough that they should probably be a category, especially if you're going to the effort of separating out bisexuals.

datechboss101

Rogue One wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:27 am
The sexual orientation question.

Choices are:
Heterosexual
Bisexual
Transgender
Other

Gay/Lesbian falls under Other? Seriously?
Gender dysphoria (transgender) is not an orientation.
I'll fix it right now. I included gay and lesbian into the list.

datechboss101

EdBwoy wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:44 am
Done! Quick and easy

I don't know how many responses you've gotten by now... I remember a communications course that taught us to get better survey participation when you add details like these:
1. Approx time to complete it (I was done in less than 5 minutes)
2. Anonymity.
3. Purpose/what is the data used for. (If applicable, I understood this to be an assignment that you just needed responses for)
Alright! Thanks for the input sir. Just updated my OG post to accommodate these suggestions.

RCA

Hard-core drugs (ex: marijuana, crystal meth, heroine) cure all health ailments and should be used for medicinal purposes.
Anyone else completely thrown off by this question?
Marijuana isn't a hardcore drug, it should be legalized, and it does have health benefits.
Why would anyone thing any of those drugs could cure ALL health ailments.

Why put marijuana in the same category as meth, and heroine?

Best of luck with your project though.

Woodnutz78
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT MT

Done!

^Agree with RCA on this one. I don't partake, but marijuana is largely considered to be fairly "tame". Conversely, Methamphetamine and Heroin are way off the scale - I'm sure even those addicted would testify there's no good to come from them... unless you're talking euthanasia, which is a whole other topic altogether.

Good luck with your project, bud!

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

RCA wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:22 pm
Hard-core drugs (ex: marijuana, crystal meth, heroine) cure all health ailments and should be used for medicinal purposes.
Anyone else completely thrown off by this question?
Marijuana isn't a hardcore drug, it should be legalized, and it does have health benefits.
Why would anyone thing any of those drugs could cure ALL health ailments.

Why put marijuana in the same category as meth, and heroine?

Best of luck with your project though.
Marijuana is still classified by the UIS DEA as a 'schedule 1' drug. That is the highest classification - with Heroin, LSD, Ecstacy, Quaaludes, Mescaline, MDMA, etc. That is why some refer to Marijuana as 'hard core'.
Over half of all Americans think it should be legal, it has not a single death associated with overdose, and it has never been actually proven to be the 'gateway' drug it is accused to be. 60% of deaths from overdose are related to legally prescribed drugs and over 25,000 people die from alcohol use each year. However, there sists Marijuana - at the top of the tops of dangerous drugs.
I do not use Marijuana and wouldn't even if it were legal. I also do not drink or use mushrooms, etc. I am in favor of legalization so that the benefits of THC use can be made available 'by choice' to millions of people for relief from Glaucoma, PTSD, Cancer, and other medical conditions that presently require stronger meds with dangerous side effects, and the risk of death resulting overdose or long term use.

Return to “General Chat”