Surround sound system

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
MM...Good
Car: 2006 M35x - totaled :(
2007 M35X - Rein"car"nated!! Premium, Advanced Tech, Journey and Aero Package
2013 G37 Convertible - SOLD.
1993 Miata - Zoom Zoom
1999 Honda Shadow Aero 1100

So the 2007 M I have has the premium package with rear monitor and reclining rear seats. The prior owner did a really cool mod with a small toggle switch in the cupholder that allows all of the functionality of the nav and display to operate while driving rather than in park with the parking brake engaged. If I want to, I can access all of the menu items and play a movie on the front display while moving (not that I would recommend that!) and all the speakers are engaged.

Given that, is there anyway to play music through the system so that all 14 speakers are utilized while moving? I haven't tried, but I don't think the dvd player in the center console plays music cds. I use the rear RCA connections in back of the console with a wired adapter to play Pandora from my iPhone but it only plays though the "normal" speakers. The shoulder speakers don't operate in that mode. Any suggestions?

mazz
Car: 2013 M37x Advance, Tech Touring and Premium, Black with Stone Interior

i gonna give u half an answer because i don't recall exactly . I believe there are a few disc out that say either DVD audio or DA 5.1 . these will light up the speakers on your shoulders.

MM...Good
1993 Miata - Zoom Zoom

Well I tried a few CD's in the console DVD player. Some worked, others did not. What I would really like to do is play pandora from my I-phone though the setup to fire all of the speakers. Has anyone else tried this?

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

My 2007 had a 6-CD changer in the dash. If use the 'settings' button, you can access the functions of the stereo and adjust the surround sound. That doesn't do all that much. It's mostly up to how the music (CD) was recorded. Some music from CD's, radio, or satellite will utilize all speakers in a very noticeable way. Other music doesn't. Most DVD movies or live concert DVDs use the entire surround system and is very noticeable.

MM...Good
1993 Miata - Zoom Zoom

"Most DVD movies or live concert DVDs use the entire surround system and is very noticeable."

+1 on that. When I put a movie DVD in the sound is amazing. Oh well - guess I'll just have to crank the radio louder!

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”