Superchips Flashpaq

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
AddictionG35
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT (R.I.P. 03 SEP 07)

So, I was wondering, my neighbor has a smartchip flashpaq for his Chevy Silverado and he was telling me he could do all kinds of things with it like reprogram the Governor and Rev-limiter. So I looked and found it only offered for Buick, Caddy, Chevy, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Hummer, Lincoln, Mercury and Pontiac. Do we have anything like that? That would really be something if we do.

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

No, because the "chip" is hard soldered into the ECU, where as in a Chevy, you can remove the "chip".

Don't waste your $$$ with JET either. Total waste of cash.

You can get an Emanage ultimate, or other piggyback for your ECU, and that will do the same as the superchip, and a lot more. But the Emanage Ultimate is not cheap, not easy to install, and hard to program.

Gimli G35
Car: 1996 Lexus ES300

hou can get a UTEC, which is simply some connectors and a little more, less work than E-Blue , or the old fashion Ship ECU for ECU reflash

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

I would stay away from piggy-back setups until you need a tune, like after FI. I was considering a flash for my ECU after my intake/exhaust upgrades...but I'm not sure how much of a benefit it will be.

Gimli G35
Car: 1996 Lexus ES300

for a reflash its close to 1500 , no speed limiter , you get an extra 500 RPM till redline , and a little more (no idea if they tune the fuel to air ratio) it will cost you another 400-600 to get it retuned if you get FI,

ive known alot of people who have FI and just uses the STOCK ECU , with a UTEC\Emanage -- just sucks when you wanan punch it and you hit the Speed limiter

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”