Superchargers Vs Turbochargers

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
grk nickafis
Car: Current: 2005 Subaru STI.
(Former)1991 300zx NA 2+0
Project: 1998 Eclipse GST 6 bolt swap

I have a VG30de. I am looking to either buy a new engine and build it or modify this VG30.

I know there are no supercharger kits for this engine and of course there are Twin turbo packages.
Would a VG33 supercharger fit on a VG30 with minor modifications? I've been searching the internet and there was no answer.

Twin turbo is great and all but would a single turbo setup be better in anyways other than weight.
I am not in a rush to do anything either, i have 2 Z's and one's on the road while the other's my project.
Money comes into play though, which would cost the least.

I've also been looking into Nitrous for an NA VG30 and am leaning towards a dry 50 shot until i make final decisions.
I could always take the nitrous off and get a bigger shot for what ever setup I choose.

I love Superchargers and would love to make that happen but if its actually impossible then I will consider TT or Single Turbo.
Which I wouldn't mind either.

Ozzie
Car: '90 300ZX twin turbo - 2 seater
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S twin turbo
'06 MK5 Golf tdi

Anything is possible, it's just a matter of money!
You'll need to grab a tape measure, get the dimensions for the supercharger you want, and then look at where you can fit it into your engine bay.
You may need to move some stuff, or delete it completely to make this happen.

Draw some diagrams, play around with orientation of parts in the engine bay, and see what you come up with.

You may just be better off getting hold of a twin turbo engine, and dropping it into place.
The cost of mods to the NA engine to take boost may not be worth it.

BigTDogg (MA)
Car: 1990 300ZX Twin Turbo

Single turbo is cheaper, simpler and easier to upgrade and maintain.

Downside is it's 100% custom.

Tom at TDM works makes a crossover manifold locating a single turbo in the battery location. That's the only fabricated product I know of.

Unsure about your supercharger question.

I deleted the spam

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”